Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 09:17 AM

Quiet day Wednesday

A very good morning to all from a much quieter Sherwood Forest, where all is well in the world today at plantman Towers...

Now the wind has finally dropped I am going to sweep up the debris deposited on the paths and drive, before preparing salmon and new spuds for lunch. Hopefully have a sit down with a book this afternoon..

Have the best day that you can and hey, let's be careful out there....

Barry
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 09:32 AM

Re: Quiet day Wednesday

Moring to everyone, today is dry, still (the winds have dropped), and quite sunny, hope it lasts all day.
Very chilly last night had to resort to putting the heating on - my excuse was to check to make sure the radiators were working. Not going to resort to putting the heating on in future will go and put a jumper on.
Enjoy your day
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 09:48 AM

Good morning all another beautiful day and a fitting one for saying goodbye to my neighbour Chris , his funeral is later this morning.

I am babysitting too so have to rush off, make the best of your day everyone whatever you decide to do..
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 10:31 AM

Hello everyone; it's a lovely day here, sunny and warm and the winds have dropped.
I have no news - a baby-minding day, before getting the train west this evening.
DM (US) - you've moved?! I missed all that. I hope it was a painless transition and that you are very comfortable in your new abode.
It's mid-September everyone Can you believe it? Where does the time go? Can you believe the millennium was almost 12 years ago? Or 9/11 was 10 years, as has been emphasised this week. But I'm sure I'm still the same person I was in 1999/2000 ... maybe if your circumstances don't change a lot neither does your sense of self?

Oh dear - if I'm getting philosophical it must be time to stop! Have a good day
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 10:48 AM

Good morning Barry Shirley, Meg, DM and everyne else.

The wind has died down, the rain is still here and the birds do seem a lot happier. The temperature is a nice 17degrees so walking this morning was quite pleasant as the rain at that time was a mere drizzle.

It has been a good day, no, a very good day up to now.
We did our normal weekly shopping this morning and when we arrived at the till the bill was a lot less than expected, only £125 which was not bad to say that there was more than that in drinks in the trolley. I queeried the amount and the lady on the till assured me that it was correct. Now I do not like being fleeced but I will not fleece anyone either so asked her to check again. She said it came to the same amount but when I pointed out that the drinks came to more than that she called over the store manager.
He looked at the bill, then the drinks and said can you wait here whilst he checks. 10 mins it later he came back and apologised for the inconvienience and said the the codes on all the spirit drinks had been changed by someone who had entered the wrong codes. Anyway after a few more minutes he thanked us for pointing out the error and said that the bill would stand as it was as an appreciation of our actions.
The drinks cost £131 so in fact we got our groceries free and more, so the moral is, It does pay to point out peoples mistakes. Thank you Tesco.

Lunch at home today, Fish Chips and mushy peas followed by Chocolate sponge and custard then a large Brandy.

DM time does go fast when you enjoy yourself.

Have a great day everyone and remember Honesty does pay.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 11:50 AM

Good morning all. To those who may have wondered about my absence "rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated". I've been busy on a new photographic forum I discovered. It's quite active and I'm the new kid on the block. This bunch is really receptive to suggestions on improving their photography so I've been extremely busy. LOL I've had over 150 posts in just three days.

The weather here has taken a drastic turn from highs in the 90sF to highs in the 70sF or 60sF. That's like going from 34C to 15C in just 2-3 days. We still have clear sunny skies but just a cool front has moved in. Maybe Fall in on its way.

Nothing much personally except I'm off to care for Jack the Cat every other day. My friend, Warren, is off on vacation in Vancouver, BC. Have a great day all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Good morning all. To those who may have wondered about my absence "rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated". I've been busy on a new photographic forum I discovered. It's quite active and I'm the new kid on the block. This bunch is really receptive to suggestions on improving their photography so I've been extremely busy. LOL I've had over 150 posts in just three days.
I wondered where you had got to Bob, sounds like you need a few more hours in your days....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Good afternoon all, it's a lovely day here, sunny, warm and barely any wind - in fact a perfect day for pottering in the garden.

AB, it just goes to show that honesty is the best policy - well done

Bob.M - I was wondering where you were
I hope you'll still find time to pop in here now and then to show us your lovely photos

Enjoy your day everyone!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good afternoon all, it's a lovely day here, sunny, warm and barely any wind - in fact a perfect day for pottering in the garden.

AB, it just goes to show that honesty is the best policy - well done

Bob.M - I was wondering where you were
I hope you'll still find time to pop in here now and then to show us your lovely photos

Enjoy your day everyone!
Actually I have to limit my time on the new site because these photographers are so hungry to learn I spent hours the past two days just teaching them how to make their photos better. Some photography forums can be so stuffy and die because they think they know it all. This one is refreshing.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 01:25 PM

Good afternoon all! Lovely and sunny here too with a breeze to help the washing dry.

Have to keep the door closed though because there are a few wasps around.......just chased one out of the house. Might even sit on the swing and have a read.

AB - that was good wasn't it? It does pay to be honest. Wonder if the person who entered the wrong codes got a roasting.

Have a good day all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top