Join for free
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 09:44 AM

Nespresso capsules

Nespresso capsules or decent Nespresso compatibles ....

Where is the best place to buy?

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 10:24 AM

Re: Nespresso capsules

Hi d00d.

I have looked into this quite a bit but still can't come up with anything as good as the genuine Nespresso pods tbh. At the moment I am using Cafepod Intense No9 which is palatable but still doesn't have the mellowness of Nespresso in my opinion. I just wish Nespresso would drop the coffee snob bit and start selling them in the supermarkets. As you know, lots of different makes of pod available now since it was decided that other companies could use the design.

You can now buy Nespresso in John Lewis (Not sure if that includes Waitrose) but I find I tend to only buy a few packs whereas on line you have to buy at least a hundred pods to make it worthwhile.

Additionally for anyone having trouble frothing the milk, it can be down to which milk you buy; for instance Sainsbury's home brand milk froths easily whereas Yeo valley organic milk does not.

To sum up, Nespresso pods are still best IMO but a pain the 'arris to buy.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 10:37 AM

Cheer mate

We only recently bought a machine, the smallest & cheapest and we've been using pods we acquired before that, both blues & orange, not very exciting flavourwise.

I've got it set to produce about a finger of coffee into a smallish mug (prewarmed) then I add half a finger of cold milk. OK if you want a quick shot of something ... on the go.

It was only today I found out you can get compatible pod from all kinds of places.

Have you tried this https://finecoffeeclub.co.uk ???
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 10:43 AM

What's the cost of these pods in damage to the environment they create as they are dumped in land-fill sites after they've been used?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Cheer mate

We only recently bought a machine, the smallest & cheapest and we've been using pods we acquired before that, both blues & orange, not very exciting flavourwise.

I've got it set to produce about a finger of coffee into a smallish mug (prewarmed) then I add half a finger of cold milk. OK if you want a quick shot of something ... on the go.

It was only today I found out you can get compatible pod from all kinds of places.

Have you tried this https://finecoffeeclub.co.uk ???
No I haven't seen those, thanks, I will have a look at the site. For my first cup I use two pods with cold milk on top, sort of a flat white.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

12-08-2019, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
What's the cost of these pods in damage to the environment they create as they are dumped in land-fill sites after they've been used?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-08-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No idea Judd. I know that Nespresso will supply free recycling bags and collect them when requested, They are metal so they can be recycled. Personally I have never bothered, they just go in the bin. I did ask my local council if they could be put in with our recycling collection but they refused to bother to reply.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

12-08-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No I haven't seen those, thanks, I will have a look at the site. For my first cup I use two pods with cold milk on top, sort of a flat white.
We have a caffettiere jug of proper coffee from Lidl. But I use this machine for the odd little shot.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-08-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We have a caffettiere jug of proper coffee from Lidl. But I use this machine for the odd little shot.
Yes, I also use a caffettiere and use the Lavazza Original. I find that whatever coffee I have becomes a bit boring after a while once I have got used to the taste, so then it's time for a change. I do that with instant coffee too.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top