Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 07:29 AM

Barny Saturday

Good morning everyone.

It is dark, damp, but with a barmy wind drifting in from the Isle of Man, very few birds are up and around but the foxes were active early on this morning.

Yesterdays visit to the docs brought some good news as to my Diabetic problem. All my results were down from my last visit, even my wieght had dropped 2 kg. My HbA1c was down to that of a normal person.

A quiet day here today just relaxing and enjoying some music, last night brought different music to mind (another subject). The afternoon will be full of visitors culminating with an evening meal at a local establishment.

Have a great day everyone and remember, unlike James Bond you only live once so enjoy it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 09:12 AM

Re: Barny Saturday

A very good morning to all and sundry ne'er-do-wells and assorted misfits...

Great news about your health problems AB, good news is always welcome, especially from the doctor..

Just pottering in the garden for us today, and trying to tie everything down ready for Monday's forecast gales...

Have a great day yourselves and hey, let's be careful out there...

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Good morning everyone
Ab I am pleased to hear you had a good result from the Doctor. My Dad was one of the oldest surviving diabetics in the world when he died aged 89. He was among the first people to receive the new wonder drug 'insulin' in 1928 .

Windy and warm again here, the sun has come out so it looks a promising day.

I have a huge pile of ironing to face , that is about as exciting as my day will get

Have a pleasant day everyone .
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 11:04 AM

Good news on your 'numbers' ab - keep it up!

Oh it's wet and horrible here. Warm though. I did the ironing yesterday, so can't even 'console' myself with that

I shall have a TV-sport day and think warm thoughts about my holiday soon. Enjoy your day, everyone
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 12:08 PM

warm but wet here at mo,
just spent the morning battening things down ready for the storms,moved ponies to a sheltered field,,,sitting down now haveing a rest
enjoy your day.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 01:41 PM

Good morning all. I know how you feel about good doctor's reports AB, congratulations. I managed to get my A1C down to 6.5 last checkup. My doctor was thrilled as it's the lowest it's ever been.

We're facing the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attack on the United States tomorrow. I hope and pray everyone has a good cry and moves on. My prayers also hope there aren't any surprise attacks by the Arabs in revenge for killing their leader. Our nation in on full alert.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 02:34 PM

Good afternoon all!

AB that's great news from your doc, I hope it continues.

Quite a good day here, a mixture of sun and cloud and a comfortable 21º.

Spending a relaxing day just pottering around with a few odd jobs.

Have a good day and weekend everyone!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 03:38 PM

After a week of unrelenting rain (7.6"!) the mess has moved away, the sun is shining and everything is drying out at last. Ten thirtiesh and 23 C (73 F). That 7" is just in the City, some areas got 12 - 15"; lots of flood damage. Weird weather lately.

AB, great news, you're doing well. DM, where are you holidaying? Bob, Washington is one of the possible sites, hope the rumor is wrong!

Be nice to yourself today!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 03:44 PM

Thought about you Eileen when I heard the news yesterday, keep your head down girl, Annie.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 04:13 PM

No plans to go out tomorrow, Annie!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top