Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 08:32 PM

The crap stops

At the end of this month all the ads about PPI will STOP.

If your owed it.... hard cheese you can't claim after this month.

No more ads on the Radio no more ads on the internet.

YIPPE
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 09:27 PM

Re: The crap stops

Probably alright seeing and hearing all this for those who have calmed and received a payout. For others though, who could not possibly have been mis-sold anything to make a claim for PPI, it going to be a relief to see the end of it all.

But no need to fret, I expect someone, somewhere will find something else equally annoying to take the place of PPI.

Anyway, there are always the scammers who inform you that 'you are having trouble with your PC' but really want to get money out of you under the pretence of getting into your computer. Not forgetting of course the 'ambulance chasers' asking about the accident for which you were not to blame but probably never even had!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Probably alright seeing and hearing all this for those who have calmed and received a payout. For others though, who could not possibly have been mis-sold anything to make a claim for PPI, it going to be a relief to see the end of it all.

But no need to fret, I expect someone, somewhere will find something else equally annoying to take the place of PPI.

Anyway, there are always the scammers who inform you that 'you are having trouble with your PC' but really want to get money out of you under the pretence of getting into your computer. Not forgetting of course the 'ambulance chasers' asking about the accident for which you were not to blame but probably never even had!
Beat me to it Bazzer, I was just gonna say don't worry, something else will be in its place, someone may be thinking something up as we type
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Beat me to it Bazzer, I was just gonna say don't worry, something else will be in its place, someone may be thinking something up as we type
It's not you is it LQ, dreaming up these kinds of annoying things so we all have something to complain about!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 09:50 PM

It's not you is it LQ, dreaming up these kinds of annoying things so we all have something to complain about!
nar, not me, I'm not clever enough *sigh*
Baz46

05-08-2019, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
nar, not me, I'm not clever enough *sigh*
I will not say anything to that as either way I could incriminate myself!

Sometimes though it does make me wonder as these types, who dream up scams of all kinds, are clever enough in doing that so why don't they put that knowledge into working for a living? They could probably do quite well!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 10:23 PM

I thought the mis-sold mortgages campaign had already started.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 10:49 PM

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 11:46 PM

There will be a massive backlog of cases as loads of people rush in at the last minute.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 07:58 AM

I will not say anything to that as either way I could incriminate myself!

Sometimes though it does make me wonder as these types, who dream up scams of all kinds, are clever enough in doing that so why don't they put that knowledge into working for a living? They could probably do quite well!
Claiming PPI isn't a scam though, Baz, even if the original charge for it was. One of my friends reclaimed £11,000 from Barclay's - no problem!

Light years ago I had a bank loan from Llloyd's and a mortgage with Bradford & Bingley - but cannot remember if that included PPI and is so long ago that I no longer have any paperwork to prove it, so it is no use me even thinking about it. Would be nice to have a little windfall though!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top