Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:51 PM

Achievement

Is it all its cracked up to be in the first instance, for me, it takes a while to sink in. Is the feelgood factor from achievement instantaneous?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 11:08 PM

Re: Achievement

Yes I swore I would not mention The Ashes here for many reasons. Mainly because I thought it would be pointless in the current climate of relentless condemnation and on a UK dominated forum. But after watching the test from Edgbaston last night I just had to. I don't have much to say about David Warner. He is a good batsman but as a character, I have never liked him much. Cameron Bancroft I don't know much about. But I have to say that Steve Smith's two centuries in one match was one hell of an achievement and his "feel good" factor after that was palpable. Any batsman who can do that should feel a monumental sense of achievement but in the face of that kind of hostility - deserved or not - With that kind of stoicism and grit - I think is pretty remarkable. Even if not one Brit in the UK does. He did wrong yes. He faced the public and gross humiliation - which as captain was his duty. He paid for it and has done his time. He would have also lost a lot of money and respect. I think he has gone a long way to regaining both. Whether anybody here agrees with me or not I will stand by him and say congratulations for that achievement.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Is it all its cracked up to be in the first instance, for me, it takes a while to sink in. Is the feelgood factor from achievement instantaneous?
It was for me when the letter arrived to say I had my BSc degree! I was walking on air for days!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 07:09 AM

No idea really as there has been no single achievement to get over-excited about. Everything added together though, I haven't done too badly in what I have achieved. Perhaps just general satisfaction from that is my 'feel good' factor.

Things could definitely have been a lot worse, that's for sure!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 08:21 AM

I have several achievements which have pleased me.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 08:41 AM

Had no qualifications whatsoever until i got to 50 when studied and went to college to learn computers typing and secretarial . I then got a job in an accountants.

When i was 57 i changed direction and trained in podietry and worked for a large charity setting up footcare clinics in Dorset teaching and training also .I then trained in manicure and pedicure so as to make feet look prettier and was able to earn extra money .

To this day i still do friends and family footcare

I am proud of my achievements , small to some but huge for me the girl who had nothing because of my stupidness at school
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 08:56 AM

Firstly I agree wholeheartedly with Keezoy. Smith made his mistake, paid for it in both money and shame. Let it go now! Acknowledge his new acheivements. We all make mistakes.
not sure where that fits into the topic but.....
I was very fortunate in that I didn't just work to earn a living - I loved my job and when I achieved the ultimate acknowledgement it made me very happy. I was winemaker for Te Mata Estate winery when we won the THC Trophy for the top wine of the national wine show in 1982.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 09:12 AM

Everybody should be pleased when they achieve something. It's the feelgood factor and it can brighten up your day immensely.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 09:46 AM

Achievements make all the failures worthwhile.....
Foxy - circa 2019
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Firstly I agree wholeheartedly with Keezoy. Smith made his mistake, paid for it in both money and shame. Let it go now! Acknowledge his new acheivements. We all make mistakes.
not sure where that fits into the topic but.....
I was very fortunate in that I didn't just work to earn a living - I loved my job and when I achieved the ultimate acknowledgement it made me very happy. I was winemaker for Te Mata Estate winery when we won the THC Trophy for the top wine of the national wine show in 1982.
Thanks for that CM. NIce to know at least one person agrees. And well done you!..Is that the Rt Hon R.Muldoon there with you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top