Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 07:20 AM

Dismal Friday

Good morning folks

Damp, dark dismal looking day here with a real November feel to it.
The young cows are very restless, the birds are dashing about as if there is an urgent meaning to the day. Scotland is hidden under a heavy mist and low cloud base. All in all a proper winters day.

Doctors this morning followed by a short trip to the shops, lunch at some local establishment and an afternoon of doing absolutely nothing.

Have a great day everyone and dont forget ye reap what ye sow, so be nice to others and you will be treat the same way.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 08:18 AM

Re: Dismal Friday

Morning to all, just back from a wild and windy few days in Norfolk, where the Broads are wet and the beaches are deserted,..... perfect!..

Tidying the garden today after the gales brought along some debris in it's wake, fajitas for lunch and then some serious relaxing this afternoon methinks...

Have a great day all and hey, let's be good to one another today...

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 09:08 AM

Good morning all and sundry not a bad morning here and quite warm.

The twins swimming lessons start this morning so I am going to babysit baby Hannah it will be nice to get some quality time with her on her own .

Have a pleasant day whatever you are are doing...
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 09:38 AM

Well Thursday turned about better than expected, it was dry all day and managed to go for a wonder in the evening. although the dark nights are coming in now.
Today is dry and very humid, I wasent sure if i was having a hot flush or not but was reasured that it was the weather, phew
Have a great day
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Morning all
We had light rain eary but it appears to be brightening now

I'm back from a routine mammogram. Still feeling a bit ouch. Somehow, I have the feeling that if men needed a similar procedure, with a similar degree of squashing of their delicate bits, there would have been different technology, without the ouch.

Rugby World Cup starts today (is on now, in fact) and there's a cricket ODI, so my cup runneth over (no connection with the previous para)
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 10:43 AM

Good Morning AB and Everyone.

Hope all goes well for your doctor's visit, AB, and enjoy the shops and your relaxed afternoon!

Hope the results go well or your routine check, DM. I always ignore the letters sent out for any such test - I'm just a big feartie!!

I was watching the Rugby start up and enjoyed the teams doing their ritual dances! When I was in NZ I was taken to a show with Maoris dancing and got the fright of my life when they stuck out their tongues!! It was rather scary when they stamp their feet etc. but totally enjoyable! Good luck to NZ.

HOpe you all enjoy your day, whatever you do
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 11:01 AM

Good Morning all, it was supposed to be a beautiful day according to the 'Experts' but there is a thin haze of cloud covering the sky that they forgot to tell us about, result is a warm day but no sun, a bit like a boiled egg with no salt, disappointing. The wife's two sisters are here and the three of them are sitting on high stools she recently got for the kitchen, drinking coffee and now wine, what a sight!. It's a long way down to the hard tiled floor and I can see this new venture ending in tears, at their age they would be far safer in rocking chairs, ah well, as long as they are happy, why not.
Hope the visit to the Doc goes well AB.
Glad you enjoyed your break Barry.
Take care Folks.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 11:47 AM

Good morning distant wanderers. It turned out to me a beautiful days yesterday with a sunny day and puffy clouds all over the place. That was my clue to get to the zoo.

I limited myself to using my "nifty 50" yesterday and came home with some "keepers". Here's a whistle stop water tower at the train station inside the Portland Zoo. All it takes are some clouds to make the light right. Have a wonderful day all.

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 03:49 PM

Hi all. damp, gloomy and still raining here! Nearing 10:45 and only 21 C (70 F), September has been below normal in temp and way above in rainfall... over 6" already in the City itself, and bad flooding in many areas. The ground is just saturated. I've had my exercise for the day, both elevators are out so I had to walk down and back UP! Whew!

Glad you had a pleasant time, Barry.
Jenilou
South of England
Jenilou is female  Jenilou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 04:28 PM

It's been absolutely glorious down here on the south coast all day and not just sunny and warm but hot!! I went shopping this morning in a light jacket and was baking! Had to take it off. It felt like a summer's day and still does. Just been out in the garden and it's still glorious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top