Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 11:59 PM

Are we there yet?

Well, are we? Are we where we need to be? Will we ever get there?
Discuss.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 12:03 AM

Re: Are we there yet?

Depends who "We" are I guess. This is a "UK centric" site so do you mean We as in the UK?...as a national identity?. or "We" as in the human species?..Or "We" as in each one of us?.
As for me, in some ways I was there then I passed it and it's behind me. In other ways I am there and I want to move on and in yet more ways I know I will never get there. But the journey is always interesting
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 12:05 AM

However you wish to interpret the question, Keezoy.
Let's throw it wide open and see what we end up with
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
However you wish to interpret the question, Keezoy.
Let's throw it wide open and see what we end up with
OK thanks. As above then
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-08-2019, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
OK thanks. As above then
Same here mate. I haven't got a clue either
Let's wait for the Brexit boffins to have their say. They will always know the answer to a way out of a quagmire.
keezoy
Australia

02-08-2019, 12:18 AM

OK where are we going. I wish I didn't have to say that Australia seems to have a better idea of where we are going than the UK right now. The view of "Brexit" from afar is very confusing. On one hand I can understand the basic idea of a nation (The UK) wanting to run it's own independent race and not be tied to a huge eco-political and strategic mass just next door. (Europe) BUt then again we ask ourselves, what is "The UK"?...Scotland seems to be always on the edge of leaving..correct me if I am wrong. What's left apart from England?..Wales and NI. a total of about half the population of greater Sydney. So basically we're talking about one country- England yeah?. It's like Australia saying they don't want to be part of the Asia- Pacific economic mass. And that seems ridiculous to me. So I don't get where the UK is going at all. Or why they seem to be dying to shoot themselves in the head.???
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-08-2019, 12:19 AM

The view of "Brexit" from afar is very confusing. On one hand I can understand the basic idea of a nation (The UK) wanting to run it's own independent race and not be tide to a huge eco-political and strategic mass just next door. (Europe) BUt then again we ask ourselves, what is "The UK"?...Scotland seems to be always on the edge of leaving..correct me if I am wrong. What's left apart from England?..Wales and NI. a total of about than half the population of greater Sydney in population. So basically we're talking about one country- England yeah?. It's like Australia saying they don't want to be part of the Asia- Pacific economic mass. And that seems ridiculous to me. So I don't get where the UK is going at all. Or why they seem to be dying to shoot themselves in the head.???
You know the feeling when you wish you'd never asked a question...?
keezoy
Australia

02-08-2019, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You know the feeling when you wish you'd never asked a question...?
It was a great question Floydy. Nice and broad. Should get some interesting responses hopefully.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-08-2019, 12:27 AM

It was a great question Floydy. Nice and broad. Should get some interesting responses hopefully.
Actually, Keezoy, it's a good read. Stupendously marvellous in fact. And I like a nice broad.
You lost me the first time I read it but it's very profound and is certainly a talking point. The big question is will the Brexit Bores venture from their little cosy sub-forum and advance their all-knowing brains into the lowlife General Chat area to bring their views forth.
I hope not
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-08-2019, 12:30 AM

A short intermission before JBR gets there first...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top