Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 06:06 PM

Rob my van and get electric shock

Hopefully this will stop the thieving gits! Good for him
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t...volt-shock/amp
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 06:27 PM

Re: Rob my van and get electric shock

It's the stuff that dreams are made of. I'm sure we have all dreamt about zapping a scumbag at some point. If it's legal then even better.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 06:37 PM

Well done Ray... he should patent that.... I hope the zap knocks them out.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 06:42 PM

I hope it works, my neighbour's son had the tools taken from his van twice .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 06:44 PM

Good that Police are supporting his actions, hope others can now feel confident to do the same in order to protect their belongings.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hopefully this will stop the thieving gits! Good for him
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t...volt-shock/amp
Despite what the article claims, I think it is illegal.
AN ENGINEER went too far when he wired his high performance car with electrified cattle fencing to deter thieves, the Old Bailey was told yesterday.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 07:12 PM

It's a useless bit of nonsense.

The article states that the police gave it a green light ONLY if the van clearly displays warnings about it.

So any thief knows in advance that there is an electric shock system and thus simply needs to don a thick pair of rubber gloves. They would likely wear gloves anyway to avoid fingerprints.

It's a bit of "The Sun" sensationalism. It won't stop his van getting theived. He should simply stop leaving valuables in it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 07:18 PM

They will be ok if they leave his van alone. His insurance company should reduce his premium for his effort to safeguard
valuable work tools.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

01-08-2019, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

The article states that the police gave it a green light ONLY if the van clearly displays warnings about it.

So any thief knows in advance that there is an electric shock system and thus simply needs to don a thick pair of rubber gloves. They would likely wear gloves anyway to avoid fingerprints.

It's a bit of "The Sun" sensationalism. It won't stop his van getting theived. He should simply stop leaving valuables in it.
The noise made from alarms will at least alert him. He may not have storage for tools.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

You assume that the scumbags can read. Some of the kids around here are pretty thick, like those who wear anoraks in a heatwave.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top