Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:40 PM

The Scream

That picture by Edvard Munch, must have been inspired by him hearing from some numbskull, " Been there , done that, got the T-shirt". What on gods earth does it mean? Is there a sodding T-Shirt with "been there etc". written on it? I'm glad I don't have access to firearms, as I'm sure I'd shoot the next sod who uttered it. By the way, its usually people who say it, who've never been anywhere. Rant over.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 10:32 PM

Re: The Scream

Originally Posted by John ->
That picture by Edvard Munch, must have been inspired by him hearing from some numbskull, " Been there , done that, got the T-shirt". What on gods earth does it mean? Is there a sodding T-Shirt with "been there etc". written on it? I'm glad I don't have access to firearms, as I'm sure I'd shoot the next sod who uttered it. By the way, its usually people who say it, who've never been anywhere. Rant over.
Probably .

John has someone said this to you recently, don't let it bother you it's not worth it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 02:06 AM

Don't have nor want a tee, but have been known to use the expression "been there, done that" when it seemed appropriate, John.........
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 09:28 AM

Sorry ladies, I must be going through the change!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 09:36 AM

I try not to make that comment, but as you get older and someone is going on about things it does go through my head that (been there done that), about lots of things
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
Strange you bringing up 'The Scream' John, only last week a young barman at my local asked me to make him a pendant with the scream skull on it, it's in silver and he wears it on an 18'' chain outside his tee shirt, coincidence or what?.
I usually say after I've been to a place or event 'Been there, got drunk', you'd be surprised at the looks you get, but they never ask you again.
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 06:44 PM

yes have to admit to using it as well, especially when a young mum is trying to cope with several little ones who are usally not helping. or opening doors , helping them on off transport.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire

09-09-2011, 10:10 PM

Strange you bringing up 'The Scream' John, only last week a young barman at my local asked me to make him a pendant with the scream skull on it, it's in silver and he wears it on an 18'' chain outside his tee shirt, coincidence or what?.

Jem, from now on I will be known as Mystic Meg(apologies to our own Meg). Now can I foresee Saturdays lottery numbers? Watch this space!
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 08:42 PM

It's a bit like people who say 'cheer up, it might never happen'.

People who say that usually have had no traumas & look thru' life with rose - tinted specs.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 08:52 PM

Hmm ... there is one expression that always sets my teeth on edge

that one ... Don't try to teach your grandma to suck eggs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top