Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 09:27 AM

Under siege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning my husband and I are under siege . HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

A week to two back our eldest girl, the vicar, paid us a visit and checked out what her old man had been doing in the back garden. She made a rude comment about a resting garden gnome I had bought to wind him up, neither of us like the things. Anyway later in the day I noticed the gnome was missing so I asked my husband what he had done with it. He swore blind he hadn't removed it, I knew our girl couldn't have done it as I had been with her in the garden all the time. I was concerned as his memory isn't great these days. I phoned her up and voiced my concerns, saying I knew she couldn't have done it as I had been with her. "Now Mum would I do a thing like that I was behind you when we went indoors?" I realised then she had done it the second my back was turned. I found the gnome hiding in a bush! I sent her an e-mail saying the gnome was threatening to sue her because she had disturbed its rest. Then the e-mails between our girl and my baby sister, also an Anglican Priest, began, me being sent a copy of each of course. They were expressing concern about the senile old bat, and our girl saying that it wouldn't be long before the men in white coats would be on my doorstep. Baby Sister replied that they should have taken me away already as I had actually bought a garden gnome, and so it went on.

Well naturally I had to get my own back on our girl, so whilst she was doing her morning service I delivered a gnome I had bought for her, and placed it in her study with a certificate. It stated HM had presented it with the OVG, order of the vicarage gnome, a great honour. It had to be treated with the respect it deserved and she must curtsey whenever she was in its presence. I awaited her reaction, but nothing was said, so I knew she was working out how to retaliate. Anyway when I looked out of the front window this morning I discovered the gnome I had given her with a line of small gnomes behind it all the way down the drive!!!! There was note with them saying the Vicarage Gnome was bored and wished to come 'gnome' bringing its friends with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our girl must have placed them there early this morning, as I am always up by 6.30am. When she phoned to check on us, I didn't mention the gnomes. I am working out what to do next!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Under siege.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	10361   Click image for larger version

Name:	A demand!.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	10362  
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 09:36 AM

Re: Under siege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some years back I used to drive to work through a village that sits astride the A6 and traffic always queued for about half a mile through the village. One Monday morning there was a line of about eight gnomes waiting for a bus into Luton.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
This morning my husband and I are under siege . HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

A week to two back our eldest girl, the vicar, paid us a visit and checked out what her old man had been doing in the back garden. She made a rude comment about a resting garden gnome I had bought to wind him up, neither of us like the things. Anyway later in the day I noticed the gnome was missing so I asked my husband what he had done with it. He swore blind he hadn't removed it, I knew our girl couldn't have done it as I had been with her in the garden all the time. I was concerned as his memory isn't great these days. I phoned her up and voiced my concerns, saying I knew she couldn't have done it as I had been with her. "Now Mum would I do a thing like that I was behind you when we went indoors?" I realised then she had done it the second my back was turned. I found the gnome hiding in a bush! I sent her an e-mail saying the gnome was threatening to sue her because she had disturbed its rest. Then the e-mails between our girl and my baby sister, also an Anglican Priest, began, me being sent a copy of each of course. They were expressing concern about the senile old bat, and our girl saying that it wouldn't be long before the men in white coats would be on my doorstep. Baby Sister replied that they should have taken me away already as I had actually bought a garden gnome, and so it went on.

Well naturally I had to get my own back on our girl, so whilst she was doing her morning service I delivered a gnome I had bought for her, and placed it in her study with a certificate. It stated HM had presented it with the OVG, order of the vicarage gnome, a great honour. It had to be treated with the respect it deserved and she must curtsey whenever she was in its presence. I awaited her reaction, but nothing was said, so I knew she was working out how to retaliate. Anyway when I looked out of the front window this morning I discovered the gnome I had given her with a line of small gnomes behind it all the way down the drive!!!! There was note with them saying the Vicarage Gnome was bored and wished to come 'gnome' bringing its friends with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our girl must have placed them there early this morning, as I am always up by 6.30am. When she phoned to check on us, I didn't mention the gnomes. I am working out what to do next!
How lovely to have a family with such a great sense of fun!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Some years back I used to drive to work through a village that sits astride the A6 and traffic always queued for about half a mile through the village. One Monday morning there was a line of about eight gnomes waiting for a bus into Luton.
Catching the early flight to Zurich presumably!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I agree, we are so very fortunate.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:09 PM

That is hilarious, Tarantula.

Similar thing happened to me. I hate gnomes so my 'friends' decided I should have a few. They gradually multiplied, then they all vanished one day. I got a post card from Spain saying they were having a lovely holiday, but were bringing back a friend with them.
About a week later they all turned up again, very tanned with an obviously Spanish gnome. All sat around my patio in a circle on the garden chairs. I have no idea when or how they did this without me seeing them. They have never told me either to this day.
Sadly the ring leader of the joke, Jenny, died of cancer several years ago, we still miss her & although the others kept it up for a while after it wasn't the same.
I still have the original gnomes in my garden, but they are very weathered now.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

I was thinking the same.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I agree, we are so very fortunate.
Tara, I am sure all who read your thread will be smiling. When you share stories like that we see you as a fun person....& I like that person!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 01:04 PM

I do too .
And I have to say this as I have thought it so often .
Sometimes it seems like you are two completely different people .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Tara, I am sure all who read your thread will be smiling. When you share stories like that we see you as a fun person....& I like that person!
me too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top