Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:00 AM

From an idea colin s posed

The future

What are you looking forward to in the future?

Things like the PC brigade ruining this country.

Politicians from the teenagers of today who can not spell properly and write everything as in txt.

People complaining of having no jobs but willing technology to advance to a point where it takes the work out of work.

Mobile phone texting taking over the communications and face to face speach being eroded.

Any other suggestions as to what there is encouraging to look forward to?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 04:21 PM

Re: From an idea colin s posed

You forgot the Great Depression that will be triggered when China stops lending the US money and the markets all tank as everything is global now thanks to technology.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
The future

What are you looking forward to in the future?

Things like the PC brigade ruining this country.

Politicians from the teenagers of today who can not spell properly and write everything as in txt.

People complaining of having no jobs but willing technology to advance to a point where it takes the work out of work.

Mobile phone texting taking over the communications and face to face speach being eroded.

Any other suggestions as to what there is encouraging to look forward to?
AB I really don't think to hard about the future, that is more for my grandchildren to consider than me.

I have done my share of 'protesting' and taking up causes. I am happy to pass on the batton and to settle down in peace to enjoy the time I have left
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 07:31 PM

I have to agree with Meg AB, she echoed all I wanted to say, the future is for the young. As for politicians, you can have them all, they are all tarred with the same greedy stick, I used to have a mild interest in politics in my younger days, now they just raise my blood pressure, not good for the health of an old lad like me, why bother anyway, nothing stops greed, and they certainly don't listen to what the older generation has to say.
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 06:50 PM

did my bit of protesting marching etc, but never been political enough to vote, they have that beautiful building and go about it in clothes I would only wear in the garden andf just manage to sound like the monkey house at debates as they childishly boo each other
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 06:57 PM

Like Meg also, I think we have to pass the baton to the young, the world is theirs and they must shape it for themselves...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 11:27 AM

If there are enough dissatisfied people in this country prepared to take some action to protest about it - we can have ourselves a 'revolution'. If the Tunisians, Libyans, Egyptians and Syrians can have a go, and destabilize their governments, I'm sure we can do a better job of it here - just pass me that banner, and an AK47!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top