Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 06:34 PM

Lightning Safety!

I know I could have put this in with 'storms' but thought it may be overlooked. Lots of interesting information here:-

http://stormhighway.com/safety.php
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 07:38 PM

Re: Lightning Safety!

Worst of all, I have a Thatch Roof and thought the other night, what happens if my Thatch caught fire from the lightening.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Worst of all, I have a Thatch Roof and thought the other night, what happens if my Thatch caught fire from the lightening.

My guess is it would burn
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 09:09 PM

I can understand that being a worry Susie and I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry too much, it probably won't.

I would lot to live in a property with thatched roof, they are so pretty. Lucky lady you x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 09:21 PM

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Storms section or this one - so I've put it in both.

It's a lightning map and it's handy, because you can see exactly where the storms and lightning are at their worse at this very moment.

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=...d=2;dl=2;dc=0;
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I know I could have put this in with 'storms' but thought it may be overlooked. Lots of interesting information here:-

http://stormhighway.com/safety.php
I read that but nowhere does it mention smell.
I was watching a storm with the living room window open, it was really spectacular, forked lightening all around the house simultaneous thunder, It was amazing, but then I smelt the smell, you can't really describe it, like nothing smelt before, that was when I thought, this is dangerous & hastily closed the window & went to bed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I read that but nowhere does it mention smell.
I was watching a storm with the living room window open, it was really spectacular, forked lightening all around the house simultaneous thunder, It was amazing, but then I smelt the smell, you can't really describe it, like nothing smelt before, that was when I thought, this is dangerous & hastily closed the window & went to bed.

Isn't it supposed to smell of Sulphur, Tiff, or am I getting muddled up with something else?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I can understand that being a worry Susie and I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry too much, it probably won't.

I would lot to live in a property with thatched roof, they are so pretty. Lucky lady you x
I think most thatched cottages have a lightening conductor built in to stop lightening doing that. Though I could be wrong.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

25-07-2019, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Isn't it supposed to smell of Sulphur, Tiff, or am I getting muddled up with something else?
That could be it, Mups, but as I only smelt the smell once & have never to my knowledge smelt sulpher I couldn't say.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

25-07-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Storms section or this one - so I've put it in both.

It's a lightning map and it's handy, because you can see exactly where the storms and lightning are at their worse at this very moment.

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=...d=2;dl=2;dc=0;
Wow! People in the East & London have it very bad!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top