Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 10:28 AM

Best boss ever

So I m getting ready for work this morning and I had a call from my boss telling me to take the day off with pay as it is really quiet not much to do today! She knows I ve been having it rough lately and told me to go spend theday enjoying myself so I ve parked my car up and I m now sat on a bus heading into Leeds for the day on my ownsome!

I m so looking forward to the me time today.

Aren't I lucky, not even using a holiday day!

Did you or have you got a good boss?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 10:37 AM

Re: Best boss ever

Morning LQ, Good for you! I hope you have a wonderful day in Leeds, you deserve it. Isn't your boss kind! People like that are rare treasures, and it's obvious she values you as a great employee and asset to her business.

Go enjoy yourself and don't spend too much!! Oh what the hell, go mad!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 10:48 AM

The OP made me think a bit!

I ended up in Oxford Street, London, working for a photographic studio and retail chain called “B.Bennett & Sons”. Although I was in no way related to this company, there did appear on the company letterhead “Michael J. Bennett, Co-chairman of Directors.” My boss in this branch found the fact that I could legally sign replies to letters of complaint “Michael J. Bennett” seemed to solve a lot of his problems in that the complainant felt he had gone as far as he could go. My Boss could then get on with his assessment of products at the local pub whilst leaving me in his office. It was only after nearly a year into the job, that I actually met the other M.J.Bennett, and for a while he thought I was “taking the mickey”. He had never known that I was there.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 11:23 AM

LQ, Your boss sounds very caring and considerate. Some wouldn’t give you any sympathy and just expect you to carry on as usual.

Have a lovely day in Leeds, it’s good for you to get some respite, you deserve it. xx
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
So I m getting ready for work this morning and I had a call from my boss telling me to take the day off with pay as it is really quiet not much to do today! She knows I ve been having it rough lately and told me to go spend theday enjoying myself so I ve parked my car up and I m now sat on a bus heading into Leeds for the day on my ownsome!

I m so looking forward to the me time today.

Aren't I lucky, not even using a holiday day!

Did you or have you got a good boss?
Have a lovely unexpected day of, LQ.

My Daughter has a Boss like your's. He is that nice too. She can pop out if she wants too & gets lots of days off, but she does work hard too.
Me, I haven't worked for years, being retired.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 12:26 PM

I had a very nice boss - I was self employed.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I had a very nice boss - I was self employed.
Were you a strict Boss.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Were you a strict Boss.
Sometimes I had to be to get things done.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 04:10 PM

Originally the old time BT bosses really looked after the people under them. i have personal experience to vouch for it. They came up through the ranks and new the job and the problems

Then it all changed when it went private. In came university idiots who hadn't got a clue. Never worked in the industry let alone picked up any tools. The last one I had immediately above me was the biggest plonker that walked this earth.
I went for early vol retirement and refused the first time around. second time the terms were we worked for the 12 weeks prior to leaving not paid and go as before.

This complete idiot didn't inform me i was not going to leave until 3 days, yes only 3 days before going not 12 weeks earlier. Well I had sold my house buying a business and living with relatives.

Now I have never ever threatened anyone nor seen red but after having a problem that morning of a firm saying I had stolen their phone lines to use in the firm below the day before, and i hadn't even been there nor do i do the lines anyway but he wouldn't listen. seems another engineer had cocked it up not me.

Well this time I did see red and I went for my level 1 manager big time and he ran while 4 people held me back.

heavens knows what would have happened if I wasn't stopped from getting to him

Let me just say this was totally out of my character, but the work pressure had been building up for months with impossible targets to meet.

Lets put it this way, it meant working from 8am to 5pm without even a dinner break let alone a tea break.The stress was getting so bad I was being physically sick beside the car on the way home and terrible migraine attacks every night, but the level 1 manger didn't even care let alone notice..
For example to provide a telephone extn in a house or business originally they allowed 3.5 hours after arriving on site.

In the end they allowed 1.5 hours for the same work including travelling to site. Now if i was working in Bookham (near guilford) and the next job was in Wandsworth/Putney area in south london near the Thames it could take that time to just get there let alone find who in a firm to contact or even the wiring layout of the building before one could even start.

That was the pressure, no wonder customers complained the engineers were not keeping appointments, it was impossible

Yes my last boss was a real bastard, even Sue swore at him down the phone which is most unusual for her
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 04:43 PM

Therein lies the problem realspeed, once a firm has to look after the shareholders, it is all profit, profit, profit, they don’t care about anything except the almighty dollar..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top