Join for free
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 06:51 PM

Alastair Darling

What a nerve this bloke has! Never said a word while he was in government, about Brown and co. giving him grief, and trying to shift him from the Treasury. All very brave now he's got all his pensions and perks sorted out, and Toting his cowpat of a book round the media, with no shame whatsoever.We in Lincolnshire have a word for the local native born people called Yellowbellies. I suggest Mr D. becomes one for totally different reasons.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

04-09-2011, 10:16 PM

Re: Alastair Darling

It's not just on his belly John, I actually listened to the pillock on the Marr show this morning, poor sap that I am.

More faces than the town hall clock. Why they let soft lad Andrew Marr interview the lying git I cannot imagine, hang on it was on the ultra lefty BBC.

Must pay more attention.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2011, 12:52 PM

Why don't people like Darling speak out at the time ?
Could it be they don't want to rock the boat and risk jeopardizing their 'perks ''.

I don't suppose for a moment they have one eye on the sale of their memoirs and don't wish to spoil their future revelations .

Yet again we see a complete lack of integrity involving all those concerned.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
It's not just on his belly John, I actually listened to the pillock on the Marr show this morning, poor sap that I am.

More faces than the town hall clock. Why they let soft lad Andrew Marr interview the lying git I cannot imagine, hang on it was on the ultra lefty BBC.
Must pay more attention.

Now Hammer, you are not suggesting the BBC have a political bias are you?
Jenilou
South of England
Jenilou is female  Jenilou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Funny how these people always seem to grow a backbone when they've got a book to plug.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

05-09-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Wonda ->
Now Hammer, you are not suggesting the BBC have a political bias are you?
Not much of one but I thought it was a pre-requisite for getting a job there. The fact that they keep on having tulips like the selective amnesiac Ms Abbott on programmes. The very programmes where she is supposed to answer searching questions not take over the whole event with inane chat.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2011, 05:19 PM

They are all the same in government, everything is nice and comfy until they have what they want and then whatch out, the fur really fly's.
It is all about creating a nest egg for themselves and to pot with joe public, who do they think they are, we are here in parliament to see who can tell the largest lies and fool the people the most, we are'nt interested in the country just ME.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

05-09-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
They are all the same in government, everything is nice and comfy until they have what they want and then whatch out, the fur really fly's.
It is all about creating a nest egg for themselves and to pot with joe public, who do they think they are, we are here in parliament to see who can tell the largest lies and fool the people the most, we are'nt interested in the country just ME.
Spot on AB.
Johnny
London
Johnny is male  Johnny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 11:22 AM

I wish we had some "real" characters and personalities in politics nowadays, instead of the homogenous suited and booted legions of brain-dead yes-men.

Looking back at the not-too distant goode olde days when we had true free thinkers in politics I recall Sir Nicky Fairbairn and Sir/Lord Tony Wedgewood Ben, to name but two. Love 'em or loathe 'em, at least they espoused genuinely differing views and provided us with real choice.

Nowadays I can't help suspecting any free-thinkers would be crucified by the media for some reason or another.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 09:24 AM

This book will be in the bargain bucket in Waterstones quicker than you can say "Tony Liar"

lets face it - they are all vain, dishonest, expenses theiveing, idiots!
David Cameron is no better, just a blue Tony Liar!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top