Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 01:13 AM

Looking after the forum while you sleep

As I work nights you can all be rest assured that I'll take care of your forum while you are having your zzz's
Mods can go to bed too because I'll be a good boy, I promise.

So there's just myself and several Aussies to keep the place afloat. All will be as you left it when you tune in once again in the morning folks when I hand over to Tabby or Barry!

Sweet dreams
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 01:25 AM

Re: Looking after the forum while you sleep

Don't believe him folks.
He packs it up and brings it with us,we are all off to enjoy the fleshpots of Grimsby tonight.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Don't believe him folks.
He packs it up and brings it with us,we are all off to enjoy the fleshpots of Grimsby tonight.
Grimsby! God what an awful place that is. I was there last August. Big black cloud over it until you get to sunny Cleethorpes
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 01:38 AM

I don't believe you.You are a Hullite and just prejudiced.Grimsby is great.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

05-07-2019, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I don't believe you.You are a Hullite and just prejudiced.Grimsby is great.
When I went there last year I got there at 8pm and the place was deserted. I went to the Wetherspoons pub and it was crammed full of everybody in the town.
Nice people though and I guess it's the same as any town or city nowadays. Has its good and bad points.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 03:18 AM

It’s 3am and l have just got back from A&E with 14 stitches in my knee!

It was my own fault that l fell in my garden tonight at about 10pm. I had gone down to check my hen coops as a fox had pulled at the wire last night.

It is very secure but l was double checking. I had jammed a thick stick against the coop door for extra security. I then checked another part further down. I walked back up and went flying over the stick onto a jagged paving slab.

I couldn’t get up and l called my daughter who had gone to bed but she couldn’t hear me as l was a way down my garden.
I pulled myself halfway up by putting my fingers through the wire but l couldn’t stand and fell down again, onto the other knee. Sitting, l botched my way round to where the wire holes were larger and got myself up.
I don’t know how l managed to walk but l did. I got in the house pulled down my trousers and the gash on my knee was horrendous. It was like Rambo had in the film and he sewed it up!
My daughter took me to A&E and went for a wheelchair. I sat in it, and she let go to lock her car and the wheelchair rolled away!
Anyway, after over four hours in A&E and having an X-ray, the 14 stitches and a Tetanus injection. I am home with antibiotics to take.

Floydy, the reason l have added it here is because whilst you were minding the forum, you neglected the members!

I haven’t posted this to get sympathy, so no one needs to commiserate. I am a toughie!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

05-07-2019, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

It was my own fault that l fell in my garden tonight at about 10pm. I had gone down to check my hen coops as a fox had pulled at the wire last night.

It is very secure but l was double checking. I had jammed a thick stick against the coop door for extra security. I then checked another part further down. I walked back up and went flying over the stick onto a jagged paving slab.

I couldn’t get up and l called my daughter who had gone to bed but she couldn’t hear me as l was a way down my garden.
I pulled myself halfway up by putting my fingers through the wire but l couldn’t stand and fell down again, onto the other knee. Sitting, l botched my way round to where the wire holes were larger and got myself up.
I don’t know how l managed to walk but l did. I got in the house pulled down my trousers and the gash on my knee was horrendous. It was like Rambo had in the film and he sewed it up!
My daughter took me to A&E and went for a wheelchair. I sat in it, and she let go to lock her car and the wheelchair rolled away!
Anyway, after over four hours in A&E and having an X-ray, the 14 stitches and a Tetanus injection. I am home with antibiotics to take.

Floydy, the reason l have added it here is because whilst you were minding the forum, you neglected the members!

I haven’t posted this to get sympathy, so no one needs to commiserate. I am a toughie!
Jeez Art! This sounds like a horrible thing to have endured. It's just a good thing that you are relatively okay as it could have been a lot worse. Not something we want to think about.
Hospital waiting times in A&E are notoriusly terrible and always have been. I trust you did get an initial examination when you went in...I think they have to see you withing 10 minutes of arrival is that correct?
Can you walk at all now? Have you been told to rest awhile?
Just take care though and please let us know when you've had a good sleep how you are feeling. Thoughts with you

Sorry about not been there like Superman for you though. I have seriously let the night visitors down on my first babysitting of the forum haven't I? Sadly I do have to do a little work to do in between watching the goings-on and minding Meg's BAN button all night
But maybe this thread can be a general one for those who are either working like me (I'm the only idiot who has to do this on the forum apparently!), our resident ex-pats, the nocturnal few and those who simply cannot sleep. Pop in when you can and we'll natter about anything (except religion lol).

Again Arty, you take care and keep us posted on your recovery
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 04:10 AM

I feel most apologetic that these disasters happened on our Antipodean watch of me and Psmith. We promise to be more alert in future.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 06:01 AM

Art, if you had noticed an attractive doctor in A&E, couldn't you have found a safer way to get to know him?

Seriously though, I can't think of anything worse than getting an injury at night, and not being able to contact anybody who could help. It sounds like the hospital did all the right things so a bit of sleep should help.....and plenty of rest while it heals.

I will be out this morning, but I will phone you later to see how you are feeling, and don't be too tough.....a little sympathy & understanding really helps when you have an injury.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 06:33 AM

Ouch - sounds nasty - you really must take more water with it, Art!

Hugs and healing thoughts on their way!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top