Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Saturday night

Seeing as we are all over 50, I wondered what the majority of you do for entertainment on a satdi neet (excuse my wigginese) I used to go out every weekend to my local club, even after my wife passed away, but the last couple of years, I have lost all interest, one reason being having to walk, with the streets the way they are today, so I mostly stay in, with a nice bottle of red and watch a dvd or telly , if there is owt good on, be interesting to know how the good folk in other parts of the world spend their saturday nights. please keep your answers clean, at 72 I cant stand too much excitement
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 08:25 PM

Re: Saturday night

I suppose if my wife wasn't around Aitch I would do the same thing as you, or maybe every other Saturday night slip up to the pub for a chin wag with some of the other old lads just for a change. There ain't a lot of things to do on Saturday night when your over 60 except take it easy and relax.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 08:33 PM

I am a would-be-recluse so I don't go out on Saturday nights... ...or any nights if I can avoid it

It's a nice meal, a bottle of wine,TV or Video, forum and a late walk with the dog whatever the weather for me.
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 08:57 PM

I still work full time so my Saturday nights are precious! Friday nights I'm too cream crackered to stay up but I don't want the weekend to disappear too quickly & try to stay up on a Saturday night.

A bit of telly, joining in here & partaking of a few Smirnoffs is my bag!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 09:33 PM

Nothing exciting here: stay home with my latest book, skim the net; have a beer and a snack, watch the late news on TV and then to bed. And that's pretty much the same pattern Sunday thru Friday ... too old to be interested in pub crawling any more. It was fun in it's day, but "to everything there is a season" ........
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Nothing exciting here: stay home with my latest book, skim the net; have a beer and a snack, watch the late news on TV and then to bed. And that's pretty much the same pattern Sunday thru Friday ... too old to be interested in pub crawling any more. It was fun in it's day, but "to everything there is a season" ........
It's funny isn't it how much we change, we sort of 'wind down' a bit like one of those clockwork toys which get slower and slower .

I used to love going out but just can't be bothered to make the effort now .

I think also the fact I worked on many Saturday evenings and nights makes me appreciate staying home even more
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 10:09 PM

"just can't be bothered to make the effort now"

Oh that expresses it perfectly! I'm so comfortable and contented here, and it's rarely as much fun as you hoped it would be!
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 11:42 PM

You are all so right, but even though I am into my 70s and a widower, I wont sit in and become a vegetable, the only reason I dont go out is because the streets are not safe anymore to walk down, but I do go out with a friend and his wife from my area, but it means a taxi, which arent cheap, and I dont drink more than a couple of pints now, so is the expense worth the hassle of getting ready to go out, then just to sit there for a few hours listening to, in the main, mundane artistes, I rather enjoy my sundays, when I go for a drive and call for a meal somewhere .
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 10:32 AM

Taxis are expensive aren't they & so are pub prices! I read yesterday that a pint is heading towards £5 in pubs ... it's already £4 in our village & London must have gone that way already!
Our roads are safe to walk along ... unless you trip over a badger ... but we can't afford the local hostelry's food & drink prices so we drink at home.

Neither of us are retired yet but after reading your comments I am looking forward to it!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 11:53 AM

Saturday night we always go to the Village Pub to meet with Friends, sometimes we all go out for a meal first.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top