Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 07:41 PM

It's a Mistery!

I simply do not understand that people who have everything under the sun, Beautiful Homes, [Sometimes more than one].
Lovely wife and family, and are very rich and well educated as well, need to take and rely on Drugs and Alcohol.

What can they be missing in their lives that Drugs and Alcohol provide?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 07:47 PM

Re: It's a Mistery!

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I simply do not understand that people who have everything under the sun, Beautiful Homes, [Sometimes more than one].
Lovely wife and family, and are very rich and well educated as well, need to take and rely on Drugs and Alcohol.

Azure,we were only talking about this last night.

They are missing something,which comes from within...that is something you can't buy...IMO.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

They are missing something,which comes from within...that is something you can't buy...IMO.
Yes, pauline, That is true.

You do not need lots of material things to be happy and content.

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 08:53 PM

The very fact that they have everything, is the issue, if you have everything you need, what else can give you a buzz..?
You have your new house with all the latest gizmos and furniture, a new top of the range car in the garage, expensive foreign holidays, what else is there, so you need a high, a hit, so either alcohol or drugs ( or both) can give you this...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:00 PM

Azure I think this when I see people with what appear to be wonderful lifes , yet something is missing . I think there comes a realisation when you can have anything in life ,homes , holidays , delights and luxuries that the hole they are trying to fill with material things is never going to be filled . Material things are just things in the end , you can buy more cars and show them off but it all becomes just stuff I guess . As humans we will always want more , trying to find happiness , contentment but it's always wanting .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
The very fact that they have everything, is the issue, if you have everything you need, what else can give you a buzz..?
You have your new house with all the latest gizmos and furniture, a new top of the range car in the garage, expensive foreign holidays, what else is there, so you need a high, a hit, so either alcohol or drugs ( or both) can give you this...
Yes I agree with that.

But instead of hitting the bottle or snorting the cocaine,...you have to find your own high which IMO,comes from within.

I was never an alcoholic,but I have certainly hit that bottle.

Luckily I found my high from within myself...
All the millions in the world won't buy that.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
What they are missing is grey matter between their ears !

Money doesn't buy you common sense.

Taking drugs is a dumb thing to do, as is smoking.

People try to rationalise it anyway they can. It remains utterly dumb nonetheless.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Oh no! Please don’t
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-07-2019, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Oh no! Please don’t

Oh no please don't what?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:41 PM

What if folks from many angles expire at the same time, regardless of lifestyle choice?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top