Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 03:16 PM

The cost of a Night Out.

Hi

How much do you spend?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48820572
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 03:23 PM

Re: The cost of a Night Out.

I bet I don't spend more than £25 and that includes a meal. I don't drink alcohol when out as I'm always driving so I just have a meal and coffee.

I don't do pubs anymore, it became far too costly, it's cheaper to get a bottle of wine in the house, invite some mates round and it's less hassle.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 03:29 PM

£30 the most without any drink.

We do go out for an Indian costing £25 for two of us or Wetherspoons.

The Pub Restaurants are too expensive for us.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 03:43 PM

Probably spend £25 includes a meal and bottle of wine , often wetherspoons where the quality is good. If just going to a music venue pub I'll spend £20 , the entertainment good too
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 04:01 PM

Depends where you go, what you do and what you spend your money on during your night out.

If I'm out with my wife to a bar or restaurant with my wife I'll expect to spend around £50, taxis extra.
A Saturday afternoon with my mates costs me under £30 usually and I walk or get the bus.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 04:34 PM

I very rarely have a night out now. If I do with my daughter, we tend to go to a supermarket cafe (or McD's, near by, if too late for the supermarket cafe). Usually need to shop as well anyway.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 04:41 PM

We have two favourite restaurants. The one is in a local Hotel restaurant which usually comes to around £30 - £36 at the most, that includes a glass of wine for moi and a J2O for HWMO who is driving.

The other is our Cantonese restaurant which is not too far so we stroll there. That usually comes to no more than £44 with drinks.

We only dine out once a month since retiring, but we look forward to it.

Oh, that doesn't include £10 for 2 x Cod & Chips takeaway every other Friday.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 06:14 PM

We don’t go out anymore, or very rarely if we do, however, last week on holiday we ate out every night, not sure what it cost, I guess it varied, we are going out for Sunday lunch as it’s our sons birthday, so I can have a drink and mrs p can drive , I tend to stay at home and have a couple of beers on Saturday night whilst watching a film, I doubt we’ll see a pub after Sunday for the rest of the year...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

How much do you spend?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48820572
Those comments were insightful, weren't they!

For the last several years, I didn't go out, so I spent nothing.

In my younger years, when on a date, or even now when someone else is paying, I ordered/order very conservatively/thoughtfully. I don't always order alcohol and often order water. I'm a vegetarian which is a synonym for "inexpensive date" .

If I am paying, I don't care what others order, but I do wince when I know the glass for me is as much as the bottle would be at home. I know, I know...service, overhead, etc. In that case I never order more than one drink. (Two go to my head anyway).

On vacation, I don't look and don't worry about it much. It's break after all.

Where is everyone getting all this discretionary money? When I was younger and going out I was poor as Job.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 08:30 PM

Our Fish & Chips are £9 for two large fish as well and a drink each.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top