Join for free
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 07:23 PM

Just back from Bristol

Daughter and I are just back from Bristol, we chose there as she has a interest in history and we had a couple of days in Bath, all in all I found it very expensive, eating out was very expensive and the open top bus tour was 10 pounds each, on top of that daughter got her coat stolen in the hotel we were staying in, so I guess I am glad to be home.
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 07:27 PM

Re: Just back from Bristol

Oh dear Jean what a shame about the coat ... why are people so mean?

I know Bath can be expensive ... we go there for a treat!

I have family in Clifton in Bristol & there's lots of history in Bath ... did you enjoy the bus ride despite the cost?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 09:26 PM

That's a shame Jean, I'm sorry to hear about the coat. I find that even with a recession on the prices are still very high, in Dublin they are a disgrace and how they intend to encourage tourism is beyond me.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by jennywren ->
Oh dear Jean what a shame about the coat ... why are people so mean?

I know Bath can be expensive ... we go there for a treat!

I have family in Clifton in Bristol & there's lots of history in Bath ... did you enjoy the bus ride despite the cost?
Yes we loved the bus tour and the buildings were beautiful.
Jean
Northern ireland

02-09-2011, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
That's a shame Jean, I'm sorry to hear about the coat. I find that even with a recession on the prices are still very high, in Dublin they are a disgrace and how they intend to encourage tourism is beyond me.
Dublin is very expensive, lucky for me I have family there so I can stay for free
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 09:39 PM

I hope the theft didn't spoil things for you too much Jean , I love Bath and Bristol haven't been for years though .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top