Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 08:30 PM

Chocs reduce heart attacks.

You really wouldn't know what to believe nowadays, this article was in todays newspaper.
CHOCS REDUCE HEART ATTACK RISK BY 1/3
Munching chocolate can cut a persons risk of heart disease by a third, it's claimed. The tasty treat reduces the inflammation that leads to the condition, scientists believe.
Researchers looked at seven different studies on the issue and found five supported the health benefits of munching on the snack
They also indicated that chocolate can reduce the likelihood of stroke and diabetes.
People who ate around 7.5g of it per day were found to have a 37 per cent reduced risk of heart disease and a 29 per cent reduction in stroke compared to those eating very little chocolate.
The research, published by the British Medical Journal, covered more than 100,000 people.

There's more but thats the jist of it, I'm off for an extra large box of Milk tray before the shop closes.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 10:42 PM

Re: Chocs reduce heart attacks.

LOL!! But, were they not referring to Plain Dark Chocolate as opposed to the Milk Chocolate?

I've heard that the dark choc. like Green & Blacks was good for you.....in small doses.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 11:00 PM

I heard that the other day but the suggestion comes with a sting in the tail...

But the researcher warned that excessive consumption would result in other illnesses.

He told the BBC the findings were "promising", but needed further research to confirm any protective effect.

The study also warns that chocolate can lead to weight gain and Type 2 diabetes. It suggested that chocolate could one day be used to protect from heart problems and stroke - if the sugar and fat content of chocolate bars was reduced.
If you removed the fat and sugar I think the chocolate would be bitter and unpalatable.
As always all things in moderation
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 11:46 PM

Semi-sweet dark chocolate is my favourite, so this is good news.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2011, 09:45 AM

Hurrah!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2011, 02:20 PM

Now where's that box of chocs that I've been resisting all through the summer?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2011, 10:21 PM

That is one thing I rarely buy....after reading this, might have to rethink

My Niece bought me a large box of Thornton's chocs as a 'thank you' for doing her ironing-ate the lot, but it did take me about 4 weeks to do so...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2011, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
That is one thing I rarely buy....after reading this, might have to rethink

My Niece bought me a large box of Thornton's chocs as a 'thank you' for doing her ironing-ate the lot, but it did take me about 4 weeks to do so...
Thorntons chocs are my favourite, my hubby has given me a large box of them every Christmas since I've known him
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2011, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thorntons chocs are my favourite, my hubby has given me a large box of them every Christmas since I've known him
They are 'more-ish' Mags. Good job they are your favourites then, and not too long before you get your next box
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

01-09-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
They are 'more-ish' Mags. Good job they are your favourites then, and not too long before you get your next box
Three months and 25 days!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top