Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 03:10 PM

Waddya reckon?

I've run out of dog biscuits...so I called in the local mini mart for a stop gap until I can buy another sack.
On the shelf is a box of biscuits...marked £2.69 or two for £4..just the one left.

Got to the till and..."£2.69 please"

"I want the two for £4 love...have you another?"

"No..That's the last"

"Ah!...so it's £2 then?"

"No...£2.69"

"But I want two..which you haven't got..so surely the last one should only be £2?"

"No £2.69"

"But it's not my fault you only have the one!"

"It's £2.69"

"So you expect me to pay an extra 25% because YOU'RE out of stock?"

"Do you want it or don't you?"

"No....Stuff it!"

What would you have done??
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 04:29 PM

Re: Waddya reckon?

LOL, Pretty much the same as you, us Highlanders hate to feel cheated.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 05:30 PM

I'm with you on that one.
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 05:44 PM

If it is a BOGOF offer and Tesco only have one in stock, they will give you a voucher for the second one when they have more stock.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

28-08-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg25 ->
If it is a BOGOF offer and Tesco only have one in stock, they will give you a voucher for the second one when they have more stock.
I think Tesco call them product replacement vouchers or rain check tickets.
This would not appear to be a BOGOF but buy one at full price or get two for a reduced figure, usually to shift old or slow moving stock.
Perhaps it was a small business trying to survive in the world of the large supermarkets, the OP does not say who the shop was owned by.
At the end of the day the retailer would seem to be correct and one either buys or does not. I cannot see where cheating comes into it.

Probably an opinion against everyone but then my daughter and SIL run a small shop and I know the hours put in by those two for very little reward and the struggle they have to make ends meet with all that goes on.
Jenilou
South of England
Jenilou is female  Jenilou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 09:06 PM

If there was only one left, the shop should immediately have taken down the 2 for £4 sign, seeing as how they didn't have two to sell.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jenilou ->
If there was only one left, the shop should immediately have taken down the 2 for £4 sign, seeing as how they didn't have two to sell.
Good point - either that or offer a voucher for the 2nd one. Even if it's a small shop with low margins I would think selling the last box for the lower price would be worth it to retain a customer. Besides, they were obviously selling a quantity at that price anyway. Why not the last one?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 07:33 AM

You should have saked to speak to the manager and ask him why he has offers on that can not be fullfilled, also let him know that you will be writing to your local newspaper telling them of shops that make offers that are not correct. I bet you would have got that last packet for free.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 04:45 PM

I think AB has the best suggestion!
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 12:35 PM

I'd have done the same Poohdog.........

Recently, at the Bank, I went to the cash desk to draw out £60.On counting the money I realised I'd been given £20 extra.Went back to the cash desk to tell the girl the ammount was wrong and was sternly informed I should have checked the ammount before leaving the desk.Mistakes could not be rectified.
Gave me great delight telling her she'd given me too much money.Thanked her for the bonus and walked out...( Quickly )...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top