Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 07:24 AM

Small prayer Sunday

Good morning everyone

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the wind is blowing creating white horses on the sea and the dark clouds are gathering in the sky so it could mean rain later.

A day of rest is planned for today to recouperate from the energy sapping days that we have just had at our sons. Why is when you visit your kids you always end up doing DIY jobs for them?

Have a great day everyone and say a little prayer for Eileen that she is safe and well after Irene has paid her a visit.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 07:35 AM

Re: Small prayer Sunday

Good morning.
The sky is looking rather nice at the moment - let's hope it bodes well for the day
Yes - let's hope the hurricane's passage is as smooth and swift as possible
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 08:45 AM

Good morning all fine and fresh this morning . Everywhere looks better for the long awaited drop of rain.

With the family away I am catching up on some cleaning and am about to clean the oven, so a less than exciting day in store here .

AB sounds like you are quite happy to be back in your own home.
I hope Eileen and Leia are tucked up safe and dry too.

Have a lovely day everyone whatever you decide to do.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 09:54 AM

Good Morning All, Hope your having a nice Weekend. Wet and Windy here....time for a fire I think, get this house heated up a bit, starting to shiver in the Evenings.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 10:18 AM

Morning Roxy It's not too brilliant here either.I'm hoping it is going to pick up soon. I have a lot of towels to dry and I would rather peg out on the washing line than use the tumble dryer. Have a good day all
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 11:01 AM

Good morning all we have a mixture of blue sky, sunshine and grey cloud with a cool breeze which I'm hoping will dry the washing on the line.

I've been wondering how Eileen and Leia are today, it's about 6.00am in Washington at the moment and hopefully Eileen is still sound asleep and has missed the brunt of the hurricane.

AB, sounds like you have earned a day of rest!

I couldn't sleep last night, gave up and went downstairs about 3.00am - did a few sudoku puzzles then returned to bed just after 4.00am

Enjoy your day everyone!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 12:45 PM

Good morning from across the pond. My iPad kept going off last night with CNN news about the hurricane. I watched an extended special addition on what is ahead for the Northeastern United States last night and it doesn't look good. They've had floods and steady rain for weeks before this hurricane. The 8-10 inches of additional rain plus sustained high winds for 6-8 hours may cause entire power grids to crash to the ground as well as countless numbers of trees standing in super saturated soil. It's going to be a long night and day Sunday. My prayers are with Eileen & Leia.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 01:23 PM

Hi everyone, I'm late posting here. I hope Eileen & Leia are unharmed. The news on TV can only generalize. We can only wait and hope.

Take care everyone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Around half a million homes and businesses are without electricity in Washington, I'm hoping Eileen is well and coping alright..... it must be such a frightening situation to be in. She usually comes online about 3.30pm so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there isn't a power outage in her area.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...y.html?hpid=z1
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 03:47 PM

And here I am, alive and well, but tired! Couldn't sleep last night, the wind was howling and the rain just lashing at my big window; the noise was unnerving and I kept wondering if the glass would shatter. But it finally started to abate about 4 :30 am, and I dropped off a bit after 5, so got a few hours sleep.Leia seemed surprised and a bit pleased I was up, awake and turned the TV and cumputer on a few times to check as I was wide awake. Anyhow, it has blown over now, stopped raining and the wind, while still high, isn't as bad; sun predicted by noon or a bit later. And no power loss, thank God; that was worrying me. It was a bad storm, thousands without power in the City and over 200 trees down at last count. It's 22 C (72 F) now, a little after after 10:45.

I just got a message that my wireless keyboard batteries need replacing or it may turn itself off, so if I vanish that's the problem; I didn't know it needed batteries or where/how to replace ... calling Chris!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top