Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 09:44 AM

Saturday in late Summer

Good morning, I hope everyone is bright eyed and bush tailed .

We had thunder storms last night and it feels very fresh this morning. The rain has certainly improved the grass.

I have been listening to the preparations being made in the USA for Hurricane Irene and hope Eileen and Leia will be safe being near to the storm.

Have a pleasant day one and all
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 10:22 AM

Re: Saturday in late Summer

Good morning everyone, it's damp & dreary and 11ᵒc here.

I agree Meg, I hope our US friends are safe. We are so lucky here, not to get extremes of weather.

A tranquil weekend to all.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 12:43 PM

Good afternoon everyone

Nice day here with sunny intervals at 19°C.

As mentioned above, hope our US friends keep safe. I know we moan about our weather here at times, but we must be thankful that we don't have to endure extreme weather conditions that occur in many parts of the world.

Have a good weekend all.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 01:50 PM

Wow! Somebody must be sleeping in late this morning since I don't see a Saturday good morning starter thread.

Good morning all! The hurricane has landed in North Carolina & is moving up the coast. The sheer size of it bodes a lot of damage to the millions that live on our East coast.

Meanwhile, we have a beautiful day and new week predicted for the West coast, which is calm and sunny.

No plans for me today so I'll wish you all a great day & weekend.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 01:52 PM

Hi everyone, I'm very late today as we've been clearing up and throwing down some fresh sawdust for the family arriving tomorrow. Just dragged all the outside chairs and furniture out and washed it all...I'll be pretty annoyed if the weather doesn't let us outside tomorrow after all that....

Have a great day and a nice weekend yourselves.

And best regards to all our friends across the pond who are struggling against the adverse weather conditions they are suffering at the moment..

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Wow! Somebody must be sleeping in late this morning since I don't see a Saturday good morning starter thread.

Good morning all! The hurricane has landed in North Carolina & is moving up the coast. The sheer size of it bodes a lot of damage to the millions that live on our East coast.

Meanwhile, we have a beautiful day and new week predicted for the West coast, which is calm and sunny.

No plans for me today so I'll wish you all a great day & weekend
Hi Bob don't worry you aren't seeing things guess which sillbilly posted the good morning post in the wrong section

Lovely Photograph by the way...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

27-08-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Hi everyone, I'm very late today as we've been clearing up and throwing down some fresh sawdust for the family arriving tomorrow. Just dragged all the outside chairs and furniture out and washed it all...I'll be pretty annoyed if the weather doesn't let us outside tomorrow after all that....

Have a great day and a nice weekend yourselves.

And best regards to all our friends across the pond who are struggling against the adverse weather conditions they are suffering at the moment..

Barry
Gosh Barry I though my family were messy, I will have to remember to try sawdust when the grandchildren come .
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 02:33 PM

Thanks Meg. I knew there had to be something strange going on there.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Good afternoon

We had rain during the night but today is sunny and warm. Have been in the gardening this morning tidying up and sweeping up some premature fallen autumn leaves.

I too have been following the hurricane news closely and am amazed by the ferocity of it. We are so fortunate in the UK not to suffer extreme conditions like that. I sincerely hope all our US friends stay safe.
I suspect there may be several power outages during this ferocious storm, so Eileen, if you lose contact with us, we will be thinking of you and Leia and wishing you safe and well throughout this period.*hugs*
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 03:34 PM

Hello all - is a prodigal welcome here?

I have a week off my childcare duties, and am anticipating a lessening of same anyway, in a couple of months, so I feel able to resume contact with my O50s friends and meeting new people who've joined whilst I've been 'resting' (cough/choke/laugh)

I'll go and have a bit of a read though don't suppose I can catch a year's worth of news in one session. I hope all my old friends are well and happy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top