Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 10:19 AM

'What are you doing' Wednesday..

It's dull this morning and it has has been raining for the first time in about ten days, not a lot, just enough to make Chloes legs and beard dirty when walking but not enough to water the vegetables ..
Off to do that now,
Have a good day everyone
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 10:30 AM

Re: 'What are you doing' Wednesday..

Murky sort of day here too Meg, as you describe.
I'm recovering from a long session on the allotment yesterday, I've taken the dog out and am now faffing about with the allotment soc. accounts, prior to the secretary coming to go through them with me, over cofee, all in preparation for the AGM on Monday evening. Such high-faluting (well, there's a word I've never tried to spell before .. I'll maybe check it later) life I lead!
Apart from that, nothing on the horizon but who knows what excitement the day might bring? Trouble is, most unexpected/unplanned events these days turn out to be nasty, so I'm quite happy with a quiet, undramatic, life.
Hope everyone gets excitement if they want it and quiet if that suits them better.
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 10:59 AM

We had rain over night, but blue skies just now.
Tidying up a bit this morning and meeting my friend in the afternoon.
We've decided to take the caravan to the Lake District for a few days next week, so now I'm hoping for some half decent weather. I know the lakes need to be kept topped up, but when it rains there it does it in style.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 11:38 AM

We also had rain overnight which gave a boost to the manual watering I gave my pansies yesterday The ground is unbelievably dry for late September but I'm not complaining about our prolonged summer weather. I feel disappointed that I'll miss out on seeing my acer display its vibrant red autumn foliage this year - it is looking a bit worse for wear after the strong winds we had a month ago damaged and shrivelled its delicate leaves.

I've been to Sainsbury's this morning and was pleased to see they had several offers in the food section. Time to stock up while the offers last methinks!

Hope you all have an enjoyable day
misty
Northamptonshire UK
misty is female  misty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 12:07 PM

Some overnight rain for us too. Dull so far and cool @16c. The ground is very dry here also. Not done much so far, just nipped out to the co-op to get a few bits. Having a salmon and Q-cumber sarnie for lunch. Have a great afternoon all.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 12:10 PM

Still windy here but at least it's dry.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Still windy here but at least it's dry.
Outer wind or inner wind Nero?
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 12:29 PM

Its a bit murky here today, took Fiji out for a good walk, she is in full season so I am having to take her on her own! Three more to go later on! It did drizzle a bit but it is still warm.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 01:03 PM

Dull here too, but not cold.
OH away again at work for the week, so back in reality mode - Have walked dogs, Bliss & Ava, just going to take Phoebe out.............don't have to walk Prudence as she is in Season!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 02:01 PM

Sunny and windy here too....very quiet day till now....just ther mutts to walk and thats it till dinner time.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top