Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 04:56 PM

Not long to go now

Not long left at work (30 minutes) then I have two lovely weeks off. To say I'm looking forward to no routine and deadlines is an understatement. )
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 05:40 PM

Re: Not long to go now

Hi Wonda what type of work do you do.
Enjoy your holiday time.

I can't imagine having to work now, I really love being retired .
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 05:51 PM

I agree, Meg! About a year after I retired I got a call asking if I could come in for one day and man the suburban office; said yes, and was astonished at how much I hated it! Never again.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 06:32 PM

Meg, Im a beancounters beancounter (assistant accountant). I enjoy my work but its been 5 months since we've had time off as holiday, maybe now the lounge decorating can be finished, fed up of dust sheets and no carpet
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 06:41 PM

Oh I hate being in a mess at home and when working full time you have to cram it in when you can, hope you finish it this weekend.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 06:55 PM

Hey Wonda, what a great feeling breaking up for the holiday, I remember it well. Have a great time, put your feet up and get someone in to finish the decorating...life's much too short....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 07:00 PM

Hope you enjoy your two weeks of leisure, Wonda - it sounds like you've earned it
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 09:22 PM

Enjoy your time off Wonda ... it's very precious!

We haven't been away on holiday for years for various reasons but when we do I spend the first 3 days sleeping & winding down from work ... that's why it's so good to go for 2 weeks as you get time to enjoy the scenery while fully functioning!

Are you going away anywhere?
Wonda
Sussex, England

27-08-2011, 07:58 AM

Today we have planned to make some head way with the sanding of the walls, previously the walls were papered (previous owner) and we want painted walls. The preparation is time consuming and is taking forever !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 08:08 AM

About to make you deeply jealous Wonda darlin' - 48 hours to go and I leave here for two weeks of pampering in the warm sun on the island of Cyprus. Look under the 'Travel & Holdays' section where I've posted the link to the hotel I'll be staying at.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top