Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 01:52 PM

What event has had the most impact on your life

Mine's losing my hearing.
It affects EVERYTHING that you do or want to do and turns you into a leper when it comes to employment. stevmk2
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 02:23 PM

Re: What event has had the most impact on your life

Mine was finally been able to buy my own home, albeit from the local council. I was made redundant from my job, and used what money there was on a deposit.Always thought I'd be a tenant forever. Certainly made a huge difference to my life.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 05:45 PM

A number of things come to mind, (i) the creation of the NHS, which since I've had cause to use it on many occasions, up to and including near death experience, but for 'it' I doubt I would be here.

(ii) The creation of the atomic bomb - something I think we can do without and save vast amounts of taxpayers money if our so-called independent nuclear deterrent was scrapped altogether.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 05:52 PM

I think divorce from my first wife had the most profound effect on my life.

I can never thank my first wife enough for being unfaithful to me, as without that act I would never have met my present wife, to whom I have been very happily married for nearly 30 years.....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 06:00 PM

I also go for divorce, I took 20 years of beatings both mental and physical from that man. It changed me totally when I finally got away from him, I look in the mirror and see me again not this scared wee lassie.
Then I lived on my own for 10 years till I started to realise my best friend was actually a georgous fella lol. Sometimes you never realise what's been right under yer nose for most of yer life.
bumpthump
New Member!
Glasgow
bumpthump is male 

26-08-2011, 08:26 AM

I think the gift of a brand new navy blue BSA bike for my 14th birthday..........
Up to that point, every bike I ever had was made up of bits and pieces......a frame found in a field, a wheel from a neighbours shed......that kind of thing. I have never felt again that sort of elation associated with owning something.
Obviously, marriage, the birth of kids, the fall of the Berlin Wall, everything has it's own wonderful place in your life, but that bike (quite literally) lit up my life, and took me down a road that saw me move onto a life long love of motorcycles....and BSA's in particular. I can look at the one picture I have of me on that bike, and it still conjurs up a feeling that I can't fully describe, and one that no other material item has ever come close to replicating. So there you go...........a fifteen quid pushbike had a huge impact on my life.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by bumpthump ->
I think the gift of a brand new navy blue BSA bike for my 14th birthday..........
Up to that point, every bike I ever had was made up of bits and pieces......a frame found in a field, a wheel from a neighbours shed......that kind of thing. I have never felt again that sort of elation associated with owning something.
Obviously, marriage, the birth of kids, the fall of the Berlin Wall, everything has it's own wonderful place in your life, but that bike (quite literally) lit up my life, and took me down a road that saw me move onto a life long love of motorcycles....and BSA's in particular. I can look at the one picture I have of me on that bike, and it still conjurs up a feeling that I can't fully describe, and one that no other material item has ever come close to replicating. So there you go...........a fifteen quid pushbike had a huge impact on my life.
A very warm welcome to you bump, good to have you on board.

I was a BSA man myself, what model was this thing of beauty?....
bumpthump
New Member!
Glasgow
bumpthump is male 

26-08-2011, 12:03 PM

Well my original BSA was of course, just a pushbike. Once the days of pushbikes made way to motorbikes, there was nothing too fancy. A C15 made way for a Starfire which made way for a Shooting Star which made way for a Road Rocket, then Lightning then a Rocket Three. I still have the Lightning and the Road Rocket!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 04:47 PM

Probably winning a scholarship to college( those were the days of merit, not need). While we weren't poor, it would have been a bit of a stretch. I was the first in the family to graduate from college, surely life would have been different otherwise.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 05:05 PM

There has been several "events" but the one with the biggest impact has got to be my wedding because my home, and what followed afterwards completely changed my life.(In a good way)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top