Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 08:55 PM

What technology has had the most impact on your life?

I remember an older relative saying he couldn't have been born at a better time. He listed all the wonders he had seen in his lifetime, including the moon landing, and was tickled pink to own a personal computer on which he typed notes and ran a simple accounting program. (This was before the internet.)

My mom is 83 and enjoys so much freedom with her electric scooter. She rides it to church, to do her shopping, and to visit friends. Without it she'd be in a wheelchair and dependent on someone to push.

What technology has had a great impact for you, improved your quality of life, or simply brings enjoyment?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 09:02 PM

Re: What technology has had the most impact on your life?

The computer. My son bought me a computer about 9 years ago, and without it I would not have all the friends that I have on here.I have since updated the pc of course and he keeps it ticking along.Keep your head down anniejack and come out the other end. Annie.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 09:04 PM

I am not really into technology, but for me it would have to be the PC and the internet.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
The computer. My son bought me a computer about 9 years ago, and without it I would not have all the friends that I have on here.I have since updated the pc of course and he keeps it ticking along.Keep your head down anniejack and come out the other end. Annie.
Right Annie M! Without my pc and the internet I wouldn't know you were watching me watching for tornadoes. I'm checking the radar images every half hour or so.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 09:29 PM

My personal computer it does most of my shopping for me, gives me unobtrusive companionship and provided my son with a career.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 09:38 PM

My son also works in IT( whatever that means)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 10:11 PM

It has to be TV for me, I was always a great film fan and the thought of having films, music, sport, and on the spot news in the comfort of your own home really appealed to me, no more having to queque in all weathers outside the cinema, just sit and watch. Then when colour TV came along it was the icing on my cake. I know I'm old fashioned, but it still fascinates me how its done. I got one of those large screen jobs now and I'm as happy as Larry with it.
I'm not mad about the internet and I know some people couldn't be without it and fair play to them, but to be honest I wouldn't miss it if it disappeared tomorrow, before it came I had pen friends from all over (A hobby I picked up from my late Father) and I didn't mind writing in the least, now of course we Email each other but there was always a thrill to get a letter from foreign parts.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2011, 10:58 PM

Computers for me too - I'd be lost without them know, I live, sleep, eat and breath them well practically lol
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 03:34 AM

My computer, with the digital camera a close second. With the computer the whole world is at my fingertips; I shop, order anything from groceries to books to clothes, have an encyclopedia, dictionary, thesaurus and atlas right here on the desk. Have made some real friends on line, and many friendly acquaintances ; can take a pic and have it in your hands in a few minutes. As I age and have more limited mobility it's a godsend.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2011, 02:38 PM

Please see the opening post..
What technology has had a great impact for you, improved your quality of life, or simply brings enjoyment?
Off topic posts moved to a new thread here .
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...881#post117881

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top