Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 02:23 PM

Excited Muchly Update for those interested.

Oh my word, my night at the Hugh Jackman show has to be the best experience of my life.

First wonderful thing to happen was when I arrived in Manchester I waited for my friend who I hadnt seen in 20 years and we just ran into each others arms with hugs, it was wonderful to see her.

We then got a taxi to take us to the hotel and we were so happy the hotel was right next to the arena, not even a five minute walk.

We left the hotel at 6pm for the 7pm show. The seats I ordered for my friend and I were floor seats block J. We couldn't find them so asked for assistance then when they took us to the seats, the tickets with my name on were not for there, somehow there had been a complete mix up so they showed us to our seats that were in the envelope and it was only on block B, sooooooo near the stage, we couldn't believe our luck, I have no idea what happened and how come the seating had got mixed up but we weren't grumbling. I was in touching distance of him and he moved around the stage past me so many times it was unreal.

I couldn't stop smiling and I was thoroughly thrilled by the show. The man is so talented, he not only sings and acts well he also dances, plays the drums, plays piano and even tap dances. He packed all that into his show and it is a night I will never forget for as long as I live.

We had a complete surprise and were delighted when Keala who played the bearded woman in Greatest Showman came on and sang This is Me, oh wow, what a voice.

There were fabulous dancers, singers, a group of Aborigines 2 playing the didgeridoo and a couple singing in their own language, it really was quite moving and cultural.

Last night truly was the best night of my life and I will never forget it as long as I live, I wish I could do it all over again, I realise I am a very privileged woman to have been able to go to this show. The night was made even better because of the time I got to spend catching up with my friend I hadn't seen for 20 years, we thoroughly enjoyed our time together.

They came around with merchandise and I asked how much a show book was, I was gob smacked when the man told me £25, I was a bit tight and said I wasn't paying it but my friend surprised me with it for my birthday gift! She bought herself a tshirt which cost £30!

Hugh Jackman really is a lovely man and the 'Greatest Showman' I paid £80 for the ticket and it was worth every single penny, I'd pay more just to see him again.

I hope you all enjoy my review.

I'm home now but still on cloud nine having not come down yet, I think it will be some time before I do.

Wow, what memories I have stored in my mind. FABULOUS.

I took loads of pictures but it was my phone camera and they came out crap so I'm a bit peed off about that but Gina had taken her proper camera and she has some superb photos, when she puts them on facebook I'll steal them and show you all if you would like me to.

Thanks for reading, I think you will gather I enjoyed my birthday treat!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 03:07 PM

Re: Excited Muchly Update for those interested.

What a fantastic time you had, LQ! From beginning to end of your adventure, sounds perfect in every way. Happy birthday, my friend!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
What a fantastic time you had, LQ! From beginning to end of your adventure, sounds perfect in every way. Happy birthday, my friend!
Thanks Righty, my birthday is on Tuesday but I pretended it was last night, it felt like all my birthdays had come at once x
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 03:16 PM

What a smashing post Queenie!
A fabulous turnaround from your recent sadness about your husband's job, and then the rubbish friend.
Good for you
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

25-05-2019, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
What a smashing post Queenie!
A fabulous turnaround from your recent sadness about your husband's job, and then the rubbish friend.
Good for you
Thanks Ruthio, just what the doctor ordered. By the way hubby has an interview on Wednesday, keep your fingers crossed please , x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 03:30 PM

What a wonderful post from a very happy member!

Just reading your post ,Lion Queen, made me happy with you and I wished I had been there too

Looking forward to your friend's photos
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

25-05-2019, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What a wonderful post from a very happy member!

Just reading your post ,Lion Queen, made me happy with you and I wished I had been there too

Looking forward to your friend's photos
Thanks mags, I could have gone on and on but thought I better stop lol. I was indeed a very happy lady, the best early birthday gift ever x
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 04:21 PM

It sounds like you had a super time!
A birthday treat to remember!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 04:35 PM

Sounds like you had a great time LQ, so glad you enjoyed yourself, good luck to hubby for Wednesday too...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 05:06 PM

I enjoyed reading your review Queenie. I'm so pleased you had a great time.

20 years is a long time. It must have been wonderful to see your friend again..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top