Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 12:10 PM

Property Programmes

We watch a lot of these property programmes where people are shown X-amount of houses, flats - whatever and have to decide which one is most suited to their needs or style.
Some of these programmes feature overseas properties, which is one reason we watch those in particular but, as we want to down-size in about 4-5 years, the UK ones are interesting too as you often get an idea of the areas from those programmes plus an insight into how those properties compare, price-wise, to our budget.
There are a number of things about all of these programmes that I find irritating and makes me grumpy, although my wife gets the hump with all of my "Meldrewisms" so here are a few: -
Why oh why do they ALL have to say "light and airy, Tardis, views to die for, wow factor, period features, French doors (it's French Windows!) garidge instead of garage, reception rooms, kitchen islands, master bedroom and lifestyle"???
The presenters frequently say things like "what are your thoughts?" and "shall we have a look?" or "would you like to see inside?" (!!!!) or even whinge-to-camera about the participants not knowing what they want; changing their minds, can't make up their minds, do not understand what downsizing means, too picky etcetera too!
Don't get me wrong, I do like to watch them - really!!! stevmk2
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 12:53 PM

Re: Property Programmes

It ticks all the boxes really irritates me!!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 01:18 PM

Forgot that one Cassie!!! Isn't it annoying?!!! stevmk2
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 02:08 PM

Yes as is 'a workable space' lol
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 02:41 PM

Another one I dislike is 'there's a lot of potential' ...... that's commonplace in the programmes where they buy properties that need a bit of work doing on them.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Just for once, I'd like to hear people say,"What a dump!", or "Good god is that the price, they're having a laugh!" Its all made to look the presenter look wonderful and helpful, when really, they could'nt give a monkeys. Oh, and at the end of each programme when they're sitting at the table with drinks, for christs sake get stuck into them, not sit looking like stiffs.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 10:45 PM

Yes I do agree with you, I watch Escape to the Country and I like that but the people and presenters really get my goat, they are all on just to be on Telly, oh yes and I cant believe the prices people pay for houses now adays.
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2011, 02:00 PM

More often thatn not they just have a glass of water in front of them when they're sat round the table ... I wish they'd get stuck into a nice gin & tonic ... goodness knows they must need a stiff drink after all those patronising comments!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by jennywren ->
More often thatn not they just have a glass of water in front of them when they're sat round the table ... I wish they'd get stuck into a nice gin & tonic ... goodness knows they must need a stiff drink after all those patronising comments!
Especially if its from that limp as lettuce Alastair Appleton. While we're on the subject, why does Denise Nurse always wear a dress over them terrible jeans? Put that with her great big boots, and you have a look to die for.. literally!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2011, 10:25 PM

My missus loves all those shows but when I ask her to move down to the country she nearly has a seizure. I need a stiff drink after just watching the shows.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top