Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 10:53 PM

Petty minded village politics !

I knew it at some point I would run into petty minded village politics.

My brother has had an allotment in the village for some years and now he doesn't want it and has offered it to me .

So I have taken it on but its is neglected and full of coche grass so I asked if anyone would like to share a bit of it .

oh god now I have the village petty tyrant on the case !

I cant sublet ( FFS I am not subletting I offered to SHARE the allotment my brother has paid for ) goodness its only £5 pa anyway .

Some pathetic power play by some constipated old bag who has nothing better to do .

I hate petty minded village politics !
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:01 PM

Re: Petty minded village politics !

I feel for you. They are a pain, though I've not come across any lately I have in the past. Villages always have one like that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:03 PM

They're bored stiff, village folk aren't they, Muddy?
They'll get a road closed if a rare special kind of newt walks across a road every six months.
They moan about post offices closing and the lack of shops or bus routes stopping - well, move nearer to a town then or get a bloody car!
It's not always cost effective to keep a Post Office open just so Mrs. Ethel Sproggins can buy two first class stamps every other Wednesday to post her letter to Ernest Bicycle-Smythe in the next village but one.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:08 PM

You are subletting, forgoe the £2.50 per annum and use or sell the whole thing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:13 PM

I am not subletting I get it for free and I suggested SHARING with some one doing a project for autistic youngsters for free .

But they are so up their own fundaments here
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 08:37 AM

How weird! Most of our village allotments are shared on a casual agreement nothing down in writing... works a treat.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

27-04-2019, 08:59 AM

I think that works for most people Ripple but this is twee little Cotswold village .
With the usual AHs who like there little power play I haven't even met this woman !
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 09:06 AM

Is there a waiting list for allotments?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am not subletting I get it for free and I suggested SHARING with some one doing a project for autistic youngsters for free .

But they are so up their own fundaments here
Is that a scheme run by the council ? Our council here is asking for people to run a similar thing and the produce will go to the food banks. I think it's on a national scale.

The foodbank thing makes me furious though . Not about the poor people needing the food , but the fact that governments have simply shirked their responsibility and allowing the public to feed the country. If we don't give to foodbanks, the government and councils would have to pull their fingers out of the very lucrative pies THEY indulge in.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Is there a waiting list for allotments?
My next question.

Is it run by the council, or private?

And just what position is this busy body in, that she can object like that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top