Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 07:21 AM

Cooler Friday

Good morning everyone

The sun is shining, the birds are singing the Crows are very active and the noise from the farm is deafening, maybe it is something to do with the weather being a bit colder, 9 degrees, and the moon being higher in the sky.

No plans as yet other than clean up of our studies and lunch at home today, Fish and Chips with mushy peas.

Have a wonderful day and remember absent friends, Brandylins, Buttercup, where are they mow?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 07:25 AM

Re: Cooler Friday

A very good morning to you all, and may I be the first to wish you a very happy Friday...

The sun is shining here and all is well at plantman towers. We are off to Tesco shortly for the big shop and after coffee we'll be through the forest with the pup for an hour. Out for lunch to try a new local carvery, and then relax with a book this afternoon.

Have a great day yourselves....

Barry
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 09:49 AM

Good morning all, sunny but cool here.

Enjoy your day everyone...
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 09:52 AM

We had mist first thing, followed by cool winds, and now the sun is shining, may be good for watching the cricket later this morning hope they get a full day in
Have a good weekend all
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 10:42 AM

Morning everyone a lovely morning, there was an unmistakable autumn nip in the air first thing and condensation on the cars ...but still no rain .
Some of my shrubs are starting to look decidedly ill from the lack of water.

I am going to wander down the field to see if the damsons are nearly ready and hope I don't run into the psychopathic farmer (it won't be his fruit I pick, it is from the next field).

Have a good day everyone .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 12:16 PM

Good afternoon all, a lot cooler here today with a cloud filled sky. The chatter coming from the kitchen is reaching an unbearable pitch (her Sisters are here again) so I'm off to seek refuge in the local.
Go a bit mad today and enjoy it.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 01:49 PM

Good morning All. Had a wonderful 200 mile scooter ride yesterday. It stayed overcast and mild yesterday so I didn't keep any of the photos I took on the beach. Just imagine the fun of riding through the valley, over a mountain range and then up a hundred miles of Pacific Ocean beach. I am truly blessed. The tourists were out everywhere but they don't bother me anymore. Have a great day all!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 02:36 PM

I meant to ask you Bob but it slipped my mind, did you or any of your party come across any snakes on your holiday?, the terrain looked perfect for rattlesnakes, or maybe I've seen too many western movies.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I meant to ask you Bob but it slipped my mind, did you or any of your party come across any snakes on your holiday?, the terrain looked perfect for rattlesnakes, or maybe I've seen too many western movies.
Although there are certainly rattlesnakes in that environment they didn't show themselves. In reality snakes want nothing to do with humans and only attack out of self defense. Most get bitten when they unwittingly step on a snake.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2011, 03:43 PM

Hi all. More clouds than sun, nearing 10:45 am and 27 C (80 F), cooler than normal. July was much warmer than average, actually it was a new record, but August is cooler. Lots of rain yesterday afternoon and evening, the potential drouth is not a worry now. As usual nothing exciting happening; my new bathmat came, woo hoo!

Meg, are you going to make plum jam with the damsons? I love it, hard to find here.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top