Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 12:16 PM

Shoulder pads are back!

Oh no!
Shoulder pads were highly visible at recent fashion shows - we thought they died out with Dallas!
Here's an article talking about the waxing and waning of various fashion trends.

Will you welcome shoulder pads back? What would you like to see return? And what fashion do you hope never sees the light of day again?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 02:48 PM

Re: Shoulder pads are back!

I still have a couple of coats with shoulder pads in they had lots of wear left in them and it seemed a shame to throw them away

I don't really mind what fashions come and go anymore, now I am a reclusive widow who spends a lot of time wandering the fields it doesn't really matter what I wear .
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 04:22 PM

OMG, I always hated shoulder pads when they were in! I too pay no attention to fashion, live in jeans and tees since I've retired. I have enough "office clothes" to wear out to dinner or suchlike occasions; not in fashion but doesn't bother me.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 06:48 PM

I never wore them as I have broad shoulders anyway, they made me look like a sumo wrestler!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 08:43 PM

I'd hate to see those low-cut jeans way below the natural waist line come back!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 09:12 PM

Occasionally I watch 'Loose Women' while I'm having my dinner and yesterday they were talking about shoulder pads being back in fashion. Had to wear smartish jacket when I worked and the only ones I could find that I felt comfortable in all had shoulder pads-took them out straight away. Always remember Sue Ellen in Dallas she wore stuff that had some cracking shoulder pads in. Am not a follower of fashion and never have been-joggers and sweatshirts are all I really wear now-so comfortable
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

22-09-2009, 09:40 PM

Lol, merz, I used to take the shoulder pads out also!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I'd hate to see those low-cut jeans way below the natural waist line come back!
Must admit I do not like them, prefer ones that hold in my tum!!!Amazing how much slimmer tight jeans make you look...

I can remember sitting in a hot bath shrinking my jeans when I was a teenager...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 11:18 PM

I remember taking shoulder pads out also!

They made good show buffers

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top