Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 11:40 AM

Jersey Killings

What is happening to the world these days?
Jersey, one of the Channel Islands, has an enviable reputation for very low crime yet on Sunday SIX people were stabbed to death in St.Helier!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-14523741 stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 11:57 AM

Re: Jersey Killings

What is happening to the world these days?
...why 'these days' Martin there have always been nasty family related murders and crimes of passion not to mention people like the Moors murderers and Fred West .
Around the time I moved to Gloucestershire in the 60's a man nearby shot his whole family.

There have always and will always be murders, it is nothing new. The new part is the publicity the events receive.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 12:10 PM

What I meant Meg was why Jersey, now, with it's reputation as being virtually crime-free?
I do know that the media really love to plaster death and destruction across their headlines but you barely ever here anything bad from the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for that matter, hence my post. stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
What I meant Meg was why Jersey, now, with it's reputation as being virtually crime-free?
I do know that the media really love to plaster death and destruction across their headlines but you barely ever here anything bad from the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for that matter, hence my post. stevmk2
Martin it sounds from the radio that there are two families involved and I would guess jealousy and passion are involved too and they can happen any time anywhere...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 02:22 PM

I've just finished reading about that a few minutes ago.......Crazy.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 02:59 PM

And I'm going there in 2 weeks time to spend a few days with my cousins

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top