Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 11:47 AM

Memory Bank

Don't you just hate it when you can't remember 'stuff'? Especially when it's stuff that isn't easy to look up on Mr Google and his friends.

So, I thought maybe we could pick each others' brains, on names of things, ingredients in recipes, song lyrics etc etc etc.

Here's my first one
A fairy/childrens story, about needing to find a way back from (???) and laying a trail of crumbs .... but they were eaten by birds That's about all I can remember. I expect there were a brother and sister - I can't remember why they were being taken from their home or by whom.

Any joy?
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 11:48 AM

Re: Memory Bank

That sounds like Hansel and Gretal
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 11:49 AM

The only brother and sister story I recall is Hansel and Gretel ......... could it be that DM?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 11:53 AM

Maybe - I'll do a wiki or something and get a precis of the story
Thanks both!

Edit That's the one! Thanks

Hansel and Gretel are the children of a poor wood cutter. Fearing starvation, the wood cutter's wife—the children's step-mother—convinces him to lead the children into the forest, and abandon them there. Hansel and Gretel hear her plan, and gather white pebbles, to leave themselves a trail home. After their return, their stepmother again convinces the wood cutter to abandon them; this time however, they can only leave a trail of breadcrumbs. Unfortunately, the various animals of the woods eat their trail of breadcrumbs causing Hansel and Gretel to become lost

OK - next query please!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 04:47 PM

I'm trying to recall when there were two competing systems for recording: one was VCR (which won) and the other was....???
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Beta???...........
dinahsmum
SW England

22-09-2009, 05:28 PM

There was a third one - it was just a number I think, maybe 2000 .... or something like that. It was reckoned to be technically better than Beta which was itself better than VHS
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 09:02 PM

Ah .....Beta was the one I couldn't think of, thanks!
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 07:24 AM

Can anyone remember the name of that large old car with the looong bonnet --made by Humber....?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2009, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chr1st1an ->
Can anyone remember the name of that large old car with the looong bonnet --made by Humber....?
Humber Snipe, . . if I'm not mistaken.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top