Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 07:32 AM

Saturday a day for walking

Good morning everyone

It is dry at the moment but during the night the rain brought the river levels up so the cows dont need to walk down the bank they can just lean over and have a drink. The temperature is a nice(for walking) 15 degrees which the birds seem to be enjoying as they are just sitting on the lawn eating their breakfast.

A walk around Ennerdale is on the cards with lunch at some local establishment then a quiet afternoon before an evening of merriment at a friends home.

Have a great day everyone and dont forget to smile, it stops the face from drooping.

ps, A belated Congratulations Jimmy and may you have many more happy ones.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 08:13 AM

Re: Saturday a day for walking

Mornin all . . . . it's dry here too at the moment but it don't look good . . . have a nice weekend offers.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 09:40 AM

Morning all, wet here this morning so I'm taking the opportunity to pickle some shallots which I've had drying in the greenhouse. The local agricultural show is on today and tomorrow so we're hoping the weather will dry up a little, although we will go for a walk around later anyway.

Have a good day all...

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 09:48 AM

Morning everyone dry and dull here.
Been rushing around like the proverbial scalded cat this morning before the relatives arrive for a visit. Out to lunch so no cooking which saves a lot of hassle.

I noticed while on my morning walk that the blackberries are ready, like everything else they are early. I tried a damson and quickly discovered they weren't quite ready

Have a pleasant day one and all....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 10:36 AM

Good morning all. Thank you all for your kind wishes, you really are the best. The kettle went down a bomb...it blew up!, only joking, she loved it. You can all slag my kettle but I paid for the kitchen it went into this year, I got a Zippo lighter by the way. We walked into a surprise up in the local last night, my Son had arranged for her Sisters and two of my Brothers to be there. We all had a great time remembering times past, and of course the old sing-song. I was informed by her good self that we were 46 years married not 44, "Are you sure?" I asked. "Positive, 1965 she said". "I think it was 1967". "No it was 1965" she insisted. "Why darling we are nearly having our first quarrel". Ah well, we lose count of the anniversaries after the first five years, don't we lads.
Have a great weekend Folks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Good morning all. Thank you all for your kind wishes, you really are the best. The kettle went down a bomb...it blew up!, only joking, she loved it. You can all slag my kettle but I paid for the kitchen it went into this year, I got a Zippo lighter by the way. We walked into a surprise up in the local last night, my Son had arranged for her Sisters and two of my Brothers to be there. We all had a great time remembering times past, and of course the old sing-song. I was informed by her good self that we were 46 years married not 44, "Are you sure?" I asked. "Positive, 1965 she said". "I think it was 1967". "No it was 1965" she insisted. "Why darling we are nearly having our first quarrel". Ah well, we lose count of the anniversaries after the first five years, don't we lads.
Have a great weekend Folks.
Jimmy it sounds like a very great time was had by all

I think the kettle was a good idea why not get one if one was needed, it will provide many cups of tea to share together.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 03:54 PM

Hi, all! The weekend is here and it's cloudy with on-and-off rain, some heavy, forecast for both days. I was able to dash out between showers to get Leia's grass. Cooler than it should be, 24 C (76 F), muggy. All's quiet, just a paper, book and crossword day.

Jem, sounds like a lovely evening, glad the kettle went well.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 10:15 PM

Not a bad day today-no rain, which made it very pleasant driving down to Ashbourne and back. Have left the Hatti girl at Brothers for a weeks holiday while I decorate livingroom and bedroom. Have no chance while she's here-already had a nice gloss-strip down her side which took ages to get off! Going to be busy week for me-helping at Vets charity dog show tomorrow, then its out with the paint and brushes for rest of week....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 10:34 PM

I remember my Jonty( German Shepherd) stepping into a can of emusion with his back leg and running round the house spreading paint everywhere.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 10:42 PM

Annie, how awful but hilarious at the same time! However did you get that paint off his leg? I was smiling when I read Merz's post because it reminded me of our Heinz 57 dog years ago, he got his side stuck to the newly painted door and I cut him off with the scissors - what a mess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top