Join for free
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Very odd view of the PC screen.

Unable to find the ancient specs I usually use when on the computer I am using the last new pair I bought about 2 years ago .

Something very odd is happening the screen is much wider at the bottom than the top a bit like viewing a road going away into the distance . The right hand side is worse than the left, makes me feel quite dizzy.

I wonder if they got the lens prescription wrong, any opticians here .
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 10:19 AM

Re: Very odd view of the PC screen.

No I'm not an optician Meg but they do make mistakes quite often. I had three eye tests with three different opticians last year before the main optician got it right. Best to get them checked at your opticians.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by rueben ->
No I'm not an optician Meg but they do make mistakes quite often. I had three eye tests with three different opticians last year before the main optician got it right. Best to get them checked at your opticians.
Hi Norma found the old specs thank goodness .

I am avoiding a check up because I don't need any new specs for a while, they are so expensive. I can manage with my assorted old pairs (when I can find them) some held together with tape .
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 04:00 PM

It's possible it was an opticians error, but I think it's more likely your eyes have changed since the test. Sight is so precious, I hope you can squeeze in a visit to be sure you don't need a newer prescription.

Am I correct in assuming that your health coverage won't pay for glasses? Our Medicare doesn't either;I agree, they are really expensive.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

10-08-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
It's possible it was an opticians error, but I think it's more likely your eyes have changed since the test. Sight is so precious, I hope you can squeeze in a visit to be sure you don't need a newer prescription.

Am I correct in assuming that your health coverage won't pay for glasses? Our Medicare doesn't either;I agree, they are really expensive.
Hi Eileen I had considered there might have been a change to sight but I have some specs with half lenses which I had for work obtained just before the strange ones and they are ok.

We get eye test free here when you reach the age of 60 but the specs have to be paid for. I will think about having an eye test soon

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top