Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 08:19 AM

Good or Bad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14470017

I wonder if Hardwick knows what prisons are for?

Should people be locked up like this or should they have all the comforts of home?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Re: Good or Bad

Prison should be the foulest place imaginable with absolutely no home comforts, so that no-one would ever want to return there. What we need is a real deterrent to prevent re-offending. The country is now run by bleeding heart liberals with no consideration for victims, only the rights of offenders. It would be a joke if not so tragic...
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 09:49 AM

Is it not becoming clear to all that going to prison is a nice escape. I have just been reading about wandsworth prison which has two gyms and a sports hall, do people not get sent to prison because they have been a menace to society and need locking up for our protection.

Everyone keeps shouting out about theirs rights, and that they should not be badly treated whilst in prison.

What about the people who were going about their business minding their own business when they were attached, abused, killed, what rights have they got now, and for their families who are grieving. Dont they have rights.

I wouldnt mind going to the gym and having those facilities open to me, but unfortunately there is no money left at the end of the month after paying all of my bills.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 03:45 PM

I think some Prisons are better fitted out than some of the Care Homes. The Prisoners are treated better too..........It's all very wrong. Prison should be Prison, not a Holiday Camp.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 04:02 PM

What happened to the good old days when prisoners spent their time picking oakum, not working on their abs in the gym! Bah!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 09:47 PM

About a year ago this subject came up on Dogsey, I wrote a long post suggesting that we should build some prisons on the deserted remote islands off the Scottish coast (Sorry to our Scottish members this was not intended to hurt it's just that Scotland has a lot of excellant remote and rugged islands around it's coast)

Before you could say 'jump' there were people replying to point out that the law requires an English prisoner to do his time in an English jail, it is allegedly against the law to send him to a prison in Scotland (Be it offshore or wherever)

And then there were people saying that the relatives couldn't visit them if they were so far away.

And some saying it would be against their human rights not to have TV etc. etc.

I despair, I really do, the minute you put up a good idea there's loads of mis-guided do gooders ready to shoot it down.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
About a year ago this subject came up on Dogsey, I wrote a long post suggesting that we should build some prisons on the deserted remote islands off the Scottish coast (Sorry to our Scottish members this was not intended to hurt it's just that Scotland has a lot of excellant remote and rugged islands around it's coast)

Before you could say 'jump' there were people replying to point out that the law requires an English prisoner to do his time in an English jail, it is allegedly against the law to send him to a prison in Scotland (Be it offshore or wherever)

And then there were people saying that the relatives couldn't visit them if they were so far away.

And some saying it would be against their human rights not to have TV etc. etc.

I despair, I really do, the minute you put up a good idea there's loads of mis-guided do gooders ready to shoot it down.
It is the ' Do gooders ' who have ruined this country.

I have a freind who is a social worker, like all social workers she wears glasses, you know the type, the rose tinted ones and she can not see anything but good in people.

One lad she has been working with is in and out of jail on a regular basis. Earlier this year he was sent down again for the fourth time in the last 15 years and her response was ' I will get him to go straight when he comes out ' typical of most do gooders, cant see the wood for the trees.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2011, 09:41 AM

I agree that English Prisioners should do their Time in England. A lot of the Wee Islands off the Scottish Coast are Wildlife Santuarys and you need permission to land there.....Besides Scotland has more than enough Prisioners of her own to deal with. Especially as some of our Jails are under threat of getting closed.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I think some Prisons are better fitted out than some of the Care Homes. The Prisoners are treated better too..........It's all very wrong. Prison should be Prison, not a Holiday Camp.
If they put all prisoners in the "Care" Homes and all those in Care Homes in the prisons, within a year - two at best - you'd get far less repeat offending by prisoners and longer-lived, healthier population of elderly people! stevmk2
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

11-08-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
If they put all prisoners in the "Care" Homes and all those in Care Homes in the prisons, within a year - two at best - you'd get far less repeat offending by prisoners and longer-lived, healthier population of elderly people! stevmk2
Yep.....My point exatly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top