Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 06:52 PM

Question

As some of you may remember, I've been registered here since October-last but I've not posted that much before because I was on other forums more often and only "popped-in" occasionally.
At first I was a bit undecided here because there seemed to be a general pet trend and I, or rather, we don't have pets now.
Anyway, the thing that intrigues me now is how come people know my first name?!!! (I say "intrigues" but I nearly fell through the floor when someone posted using my name!!!)

Did I mention it before or something and I just can't remember now? Sorry if this sounds a bit like a Senior Moment as they say!!! stevmk2
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 07:02 PM

Re: Question

It's on your profile Martin
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 07:05 PM

Senior Moment over!!! I've just looked - and it is isn't it?!!!
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stevmk2
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
senior moment over!!! I've just looked - and it is isn't it?!!!
Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stevmk2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 07:10 PM

LOL! You can go back and delete it if you'd be more comfortable. I answer to either my username or real name, makes no difference.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 07:23 PM

you been on the elderberry wine again Martin you used to do that a
lot on the other forum
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 08:17 PM

Not to worry Martin it happens to us all, well it happens to me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
As some of you may remember, I've been registered here since October-last but I've not posted that much before because I was on other forums more often and only "popped-in" occasionally.
At first I was a bit undecided here because there seemed to be a general pet trend and I, or rather, we don't have pets now.
Anyway, the thing that intrigues me now is how come people know my first name?!!! (I say "intrigues" but I nearly fell through the floor when someone posted using my name!!!)

Did I mention it before or something and I just can't remember now? Sorry if this sounds a bit like a Senior Moment as they say!!! stevmk2
Martin do you mind people using your name?

I tend to use members's profile names much of the time thinking we are a bit more grown up on here than on many sites and don't really need 'other' names. If people really don't want their names used they tend not to post them in their profiles.
Also it can feel a bit strange addressing people seriously when the name they have adopted conjures up various images.

Please say if you object to your name being used and I will avoid using it in future.
rueben
lancs uk

09-08-2011, 01:24 PM

I've no problem with that myself Meg in fact I have added my name to my signature.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 03:35 PM

As have I .............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top