Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 03:22 PM

Mobile fry-ups

As this concerns health I've posted it in this section.

Mobile phones do you harm . . . I've been saying this for years but nobody seems to listen, it's the microwaves from the phones that are doing the harm . . . the WHO has confirmed that there is a link from using the phones and brain cancer.

Cordless phones operate in the same way, therefore you are exposing yourselves by using these as well.

During WW2 radar technicians servicing radar sets on aircraft were comming down with strange illnesses . . . a study was carried out at that time and the conclusions they arrived at are the same as they are today . . . . microwaves do you harm.

This info was all swept under the carpet by mobile companies years ago but if a court case is successful they might just have shot themselves in the head with their microwaves doncha think.

If you must use a mobile, use a hands-free set, if you use a cordless in the home, switch on the loudspeaker so you don't have to hold it to your head.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 02:11 AM

Re: Mobile fry-ups

Somebody tried to tell me food shouldn't be microwaved. Any thoughts on that?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Apart from the microwave spoiling the taste of food!!! you are not near enough normally for the microwave to have a serious effect on you as they are not that powerful.

We got rid of ours years ago and never miss it.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Apart from the microwave spoiling the taste of food!!! you are not near enough normally for the microwave to have a serious effect on you as they are not that powerful.
We got rid of ours years ago and never miss it.
Microwaves are very useful gadgets to have but you have to remember that microwave radiation kills ALL bacteria, including beneficial bacteria that you would normally consume in foods.
Over-use of microwaves results is digestion problems because you've virtually eradicated all beneficial bacteria.
One final point; always leave microwaved food or drinks for a couple of minutes to allow the temperature to stabilise.
This is also the reason why some products designed for microwaving tell you to stir them half way through - to eliminate hot spots and stabilise temperatures. stevmk2
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I did read an item about that sometime ago. I can't remember how it was explained apart from it alters the food molecules which is detrimental to our health. I only use a microwave occasionally for reheating. It causes less damage to the value of cooked food if it is cooked for longer on a lower heat than faster on high temperatures. I prefer to cook food the traditional way from the outside in not the inside out
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 08:52 AM

A microwave oven is screened . . it you look at the glass door you'll see the metal mesh embedded in the glass to prevent the waves escaping . . . anyways, who sits with a microwave oven on the side of their heads.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 09:32 AM

Because I'm old & lazy, I use a microwave oven for ready meals that recommend microwaving.

I have a mobile phone & seldom use it at all but I'm more likely to send a short text message than use it as a phone.

I know a young man who worked in the mobile phone industry for a very short time years ago. He won't use one near his ear, he has one of those extension things.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top