Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 12:37 PM

M&S Food.

Went in to my local M&S today, no baskets at the door, three members of staff standing about gossiping. I asked one member of staff, who took some to the door leaving the other side of the door still empty of baskets & went back to her chat.. I got served - the check outs were stocked high with baskets, on my way out saw there were no baskets again!! Grr!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 01:21 PM

Re: M&S Food.

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
Went in to my local M&S today, no baskets at the door, three members of staff standing about gossiping. I asked one member of staff, who took some to the door leaving the other side of the door still empty of baskets & went back to her chat.. I got served - the check outs were stocked high with baskets, on my way out saw there were no baskets again!! Grr!!
Gosh Iris I didn't realise you shopped in the Malvern M&S too
I will also add; poor variety (only one size of things usually the large size ) no English bacon only Danish, incorrect labelling on the frequently empty shelves, incorrect pricing.

ETA I also get fed up with hearing ''Do you want help with packing your bag'' when I have 3 items
I reply ''Thank you, I can just about manage ''
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 01:42 PM

I forgot to add that the potted plants on sale often die of thirst too. I wonder if it's only the smaller stores Meg, I don't know how big the Malvern store is.

M&S, pull your socks up, slipshod service will not do!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 01:58 PM

I forgot to add that the potted plants on sale often die of thirst too. I wonder if it's only the smaller stores Meg, I don't know how big the Malvern store is.

M&S, pull your socks up, slipshod service will not do!
...it is quite small Iris and only a few years old .

To me M&S have certainly gone down hill from what they used to be...
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 03:27 PM

M&S I thought they were supposed to be a store with good standards. We have quite a lot of the well known large stores nearby and it's very competitive so I do tend to shop at those. I wouldn't have thought M&S could afford to get slapdash in today's climate.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 03:36 PM

The thing to do is put in a formal complaint so the staff hopefully get a kick up the backside. There are probably people out there who would welcome a job at M&S as its still got a very good name in the retail industry.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 03:50 PM

A little off topic but not entirely so... Prior to my recent move, mother and I frequented the local M&S which is approximately 10 miles from where she lives. Often there were pink ladies cycling on exercise bikes in the entrance for breast cancer or men doing equally strenous activities to attract donations for truely worthwhile causes etc etc.. then there were kids grrrr and I mean every xyz'ing checkout had a kid grrrr at the end with an xyz bucket scrounging for money... for what??? Oh a foorball trip to canada, a ski trip to Italy, a new sports pitch and on and on. Am I the only one who finds that in the good old days we as schools, clubs, individuals worked out bits off fundraising, baking stuff, keeping silent, errands, washing cars and in fact absolutely anything that could raise our school or club some money to do leisure activities.. not standing in supermarkets in the way doing nothing but holding a bucket. They were never from local schools either they'd often come from 30+ miles away and their trip was of no interest to us 40miles away from them. Mother always donates to the kids in her village even though she has no longer a connection there but just because she likes to do so in the community..
Im not anti any kids having nice things but on occasion when asked what else they were doing to raise money they'd grunt and look vague and say 'Oh nothing really'!!!! Meanwhile the pink ladies pedal for our health and the men walk or cycle for hearts and keep helping all year round..
Sorry I ranted lol
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 03:57 PM

You wouldn't last very long here, that's the norm.

Carrefour are the worst, 33 checkouts 3 open and queues back up the aisles.

As for baskets they have an unbelievable system. There is only one entrance and that is at the extreme right of the store. The store must be 80-100m wide. Where are the baskets. Yep you've guessed it, 3/4 of the way back to the left side.

Lidl - classic - The 5ltr bottles of water used to be just as you went in the store. Then they changed the layout and they are now at the end of the last aisle. So they expect you to do all of your shopping, and then put 8x5ltr bottles of water on the top. Bloody idiots. Scrambled eggs every time.

If the Spanish had gunpowder for brains there wouldn't be enough to blow their bloody hats off..........
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 04:42 PM

I love M&S, but have stopped shopping there and now go to Waitrose. For months and months (at least 6 months) I have been highlighting stock issues with the managers in the Cardiff store (which is a very big store) and I just gave up as basics like Chicken legs were often out of stock, even the fresh veg and fruit was often hit and miss.

I also really do not like how they have started to stock 'cheap' brands, I wish they went the opposite way and got in more organic or premium brands or foods. For example, in Waitrose there's about 10 different brands of Manuka Honey - in M&S there's one. In Waitrose you can get items like barely couscous, organic olive oil, avacado oil, etc. They also have much more variety in their fruit and veg with items like fresh beetroot, fennel, white grapefruit - lots of things that you just can't get in M&S.

The staff are lovely, but we don't go in there to buy staff
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 07:26 PM

I went into M&S today and was amazed at the price increases since I was last in, about two weeks ago, stuff I wanted and could always get there was not available. The clothes were good for older people but now I have to say they are rubbish, wear and throw away .I will be going to waitrose next week, we have a small Sainsburyhere but not enough to do a complete shop. Annie's back and moaning!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top