Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 02:42 AM

San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge

I just returned from a 12 day vacation that included San Francisco, Las Vegas, Lake Powell, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Arches National Park, Monument Valley & the Grand Canyon. Now that's a mouthful and was a hoot. I saw more beautiful scenery in less than two weeks than in my previous 62 years. This photo of the San Francisco Bay Area Bridge is my new wallpaper.

maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 10:27 AM

Re: San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge

So happy to see you back Bob A truly wonderful shot, clever you. Bring on more photos and stories of your adventures, quite a few of us here have been patiently waiting
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 12:06 PM

Bob, it's good to see you back from your hols..... and what a wonderful first pic to grace us with!.

Looking forward to reading about your adventure and seeing lots () of your photos.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 08:43 PM

That is a stunning photo Bob...sounds like a trip you're not going to forget in a hurry....
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 01:25 AM

An absolute stunner Bob.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 08:38 AM

Very very nice Bob
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 12:54 PM

I made a silly mistake in the title. That's the San Francisco Bay Area Bridge not the Golden Gate Bridge. Here's the Golden Gate Bridge.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I made a silly mistake in the title. That's the San Francisco Bay Area Bridge not the Golden Gate Bridge. Here's the Golden Gate Bridge.

I wouldn't have known the difference if you hadn't said, Bob!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 12:33 PM

Nor would I Mags
bobmielke
Portland, OR

15-08-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Nor would I Mags
There's a funny story connected with this mishap. I've never been to San Francisco. When I arrived there I was staying in a hostel less than a mile from the Ferry Building and the view of the Bay Area Bridge. Not knowing it wasn't the Golden Gate Bridge I hiked down there late that evening intending to capture it at sundown. I took my time and the results were very pleasant. The next morning I hiked back to the Ferry Building to catch a bus that gave a 2 hour highlights tour of San Francisco. One of the stops it made was to the real Golden Gate Bridge. I was embarrassed but never mentioned it to the young lady giving the tour. It's our little secret. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top