Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 01:06 AM

Friends List

Hi everyone. I'm sorry if I seem a bit thick, but I have had people notifying me that they want to be my friend on here.

Can somebody please explain the concept of this to me? I joined this forum to be friends with everyone.

It's very kind of these folk, and I've no idea why I've been selected to be their friend in particular. I've never come across this before, so please explain it to me.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 08:35 AM

Re: Friends List

I've never seen it on any other Forum either. Seems a bit pointless really.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie
Can somebody please explain the concept of this to me? I joined this forum to be friends with everyone.

It's very kind of these folk, and I've no idea why I've been selected to be their friend in particular. I've never come across this before, so please explain it to me.
Hi Mollie and Roxy There is a thread about it here..
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=1725
I have not seen it before either.

Yes Mollie we are all 'internet friends' in our little community. I think of coming on here as being similar to going to a coffee shop or pub and chatting with friends/acquaintances without the effort of going out. There is also the luxury of being able to do this sitting in a nightie

I think the friends idea is useful for anyone new who joins and feels a bit 'out of things', they can request a friend.

Anyone please feel free to add me to your list , I can't get round to asking everyone but as far as I am concerned hypothetically speaking you are all on mine like it or not
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 07:09 PM

yes I can see the thinking behind this, its very nice and welcoming.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There is also the luxury of being able to do this sitting in a nightie
Wow, rushes off to add Meg to my friends list

Seriously, this question came up last year, it's a feature of the software package that Azz uses, it's actually an updated version of the one that is used on Dogsey.

If I undestood it correctly it's an attempt by the supplier to 'sort of' introduce some of the features of that other social network site the name of which I daren't mention.

You can have a 'Buddies list' on Dogsey, it doesn't do much apart from put a '+' sign on your members list and the 'friends' list on here doesn't do much either, at least I found I wasn't whisked away for a night of mad passionate love with all the female friends I had selected on here
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Wow, rushes off to add Meg to my friends list

Seriously, this question came up last year, it's a feature of the software package that Azz uses, it's actually an updated version of the one that is used on Dogsey.

If I undestood it correctly it's an attempt by the supplier to 'sort of' introduce some of the features of that other social network site the name of which I daren't mention.

You can have a 'Buddies list' on Dogsey, it doesn't do much apart from put a '+' sign on your members list and the 'friends' list on here doesn't do much either, at least I found I wasn't whisked away for a night of mad passionate love with all the female friends I had selected on here
Losos be very grateful I don't have webcam or your illusion would be shattered as I am clad head to foot in Winceyette
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

09-08-2011, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
yes I can see the thinking behind this, its very nice and welcoming.
It was a bit special for me to have Annie and Bob as friends, we have known one and other from other places going back sometime and we all joined here within a month of each other.
I have to confess and being brutally honest here, why anyone would want to be friends with me is perhaps one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe as we know it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-08-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
It was a bit special for me to have Annie and Bob as friends, we have known one and other from other places going back sometime and we all joined here within a month of each other.
I have to confess and being brutally honest here, why anyone would want to be friends with me is perhaps one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe as we know it.:cry:
Aw Hammer are you being serious
..if so why wouldn't anyone want to be your internet friend as much as anyone else
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 01:57 PM

Obviously these hooligans causing the riots arent Football fans Hammer, no match tomorrow!.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

10-08-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Aw Hammer are you being serious
..if so why wouldn't anyone want to be your internet friend as much as anyone else
The original grumpy old man I reckon.

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Obviously these hooligans causing the riots arent Football fans Hammer, no match tomorrow!.
Annie, I am only glad the Millwall game is a way off yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top