Join for free
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 11:29 AM

Good news at last

Must be a first but a Home Secretary is finally looking after the electorate and not the criminal

Sajid Javid hands new powers to police to evict travellers
https://mol.im/a/6672075

Sajid Javid wants a crack down on illegal sites causing distress to communities
Ministers want unauthorised camps criminalised to allow for quicker action
Residents affected by them are victims of fly-tipping, abusive conduct and noise
The sites also interfere with public access to playgrounds and car parks
Police will get tough new powers to clamp down on illegal traveller sites causing ‘distress’, Sajid Javid will announce today.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 02:17 PM

Re: Good news at last

Marmaduke, I read about this today. About ruddy time too! (50p well worth putting in the swear box!). How wonderful of the Irish government to make travellers an indeginous, ethnic minority group, which enabled them to come over here to the mainland and act like criminals, believing they were above the law whilst honest, law-abiding citizens being tormented by them were treated with threats of court and imprisonment by trying to stand up to their disgraceful going-ons.

I know I will draw criticism for what I am about to say, but kudo's to Sajid for the action he is taking, but he made my eyebrows rise when he said: "I know the majority of Travellers are law-abiding citizens". WHAT ! Take those blinkers off man, or was it said with tongue in cheek?.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top