Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Nearly August Sunday

Morning all another beautiful day and I would enjoy it more if I wasn't so concerned about my thirsty garden which hasn't had any proper rain for months.

Never mind, the flip side is the washing will be dry out in the breeze within a couple of hours.

Going to have an easy day to recover from feeding the family yesterday .

Have an enjoyable day everyone whatever you are doing
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 09:23 AM

Re: Nearly August Sunday

Absolutely gorgeous hereMust pick beans and beetroot today..and the blueberries are ready to pick
have a good day whatever you are doing
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 09:28 AM

Lovely morning in Sherwood and just back from our walk in the woods. Like you Geordiegirl I have things to pick in the garden, so I will make that a priority after coffee methinks.

Bacon and broad beans for lunch and then deckchair and papers/book this afternoon for a few hours. Bliss...

Have a good one yourselves.

Barry
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 09:29 AM

Morning all, have a nice relaxing Sunday.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Good morning everyone, enjoy your day.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 02:17 PM

Slightly less hot today (can't really say it's cooler) only 32c.

Another relaxing day for me, starting to recover, but bruises are now showing, didn't realise how much damage I had dome to myself.

Anyway, Spain is now closed.

That's right, for those of you who didn't know, the Spanish have August as a holiday. Banks are still open, but most other institutions are closed, or on skeleton staff, for the whole of August. This week end is the busiest of the year on the roads.
We have everyone and their dog converging on this coast, from Sevilla, Madrid, Cordoba etc, etc. Plus we have all the Moroccans from not only Spain but all over Northern and Eastern Europe converging onto Algeciras (the main port , nr. Gibraltar, for crossing to Africa).
They drive a variety of vehicle from brand new high end stuff to tatty old vans. They are all absolutely full to the brim with God only knows what. most will have stuff on the roof (not always with a roof rack) covered in blue tarpaulins.
You will often see the driver his face pressed against the drivers window, because there is so much packed inside.

Unfortunately, when they get to this part of the coast, they have been driving for 2 or 3 days without a break. The amount of accidents increase drastically, because of them falling asleep.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 02:38 PM

Alan pleased to hear you are recovering. Spain sounds like a place to be avoided in August you take care with the extra traffic and tired drivers on the roads...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 03:26 PM

Good afternoon all, I suppose you could call it a lovely Summers Day except the only thing missing is the Sun, it can't get out no matter how hard it tries.
I had a good laugh in the pub at lunchtime, a Girl I used to know in the neighbourhood is home on holiday from London and she had us all in stitches, she's now 66 and still as bubbly as ever she was, she said she lost a leg in a car accident, but you would never know it, marvelous what they can do nowadays. She told us more lost limb jokes than I can remember in my entire life, my kind of Woman, great company bless her.
All have a good time and take care.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 03:47 PM

Hi people! Sunny here, continued warm; this is the 13th consecutive 90+ day in July. A bit after 10:30 am now, it's 29 C (84 F), sunny but no breeze, and a bit humid. Summer in Washington! We're losing evening daylight a bit faster now.... All quiet here, Sunday paper and crossword after lunch, shrimp creole for dinner.

Rockrider, glad you're healing; Spain definitely sounds the place to avoid in August. Geordiegirl, how I envy you fresh picked blueberries; never had them, just from the supermarket.....

Enjoy the day!
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Alan pleased to hear you are recovering. Spain sounds like a place to be avoided in August you take care with the extra traffic and tired drivers on the roads...
Cheers;
We tend to stay at home indoors in August, it's too hot, and too many people about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top