Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 07:26 AM

Toy playing Saturday

Good morning people

The sun is back heating up the air around us which does not feel good particularly if you suffer from Asthma like a neighbour who finds it hard to breath in hot weather. The Sparrows have had a very good year, I have never seen as many flying around, you put some food out for them and the ground around it is covered with birds.

Plans for today, playing around with a new Laptop I bought yesterday, she who must be obeyed wants to know why I need another computer? It is a toy and something to play with, women never will understand a mans need for toys.

Have a great day everyone and remember, as you need to feel wanted so do your loved ones.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 07:50 AM

Re: Toy playing Saturday

Hi all, back from a few relaxing days away at the east coast. I hope that you've not been behaving....

Oscar had his first encounter with the sea, which he didn't rate very highly, although the second time on the beach he did manage to get his feet wet..

He did enjoy the caravan however, particularly the bit about sleeping with the rest of the pack, that might be a hard habit for him to break.....

No plans for today other than catching up on chores and maybe a visit to friends this afternoon.

Have a great day all.

Barry
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 09:53 AM

Good morning all, it's cloudy today but warm, Missy is sitting at the open window watching the birds. Thankfully, Antibrown she has only ever caught two in her eight years. Birds unlike mice, have wings.

Oscar is a cutie Plantman, I hope he & you all enjoyed your hol's.

Have a tranquil weekend everyone.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Good morning all, not too bad today the Sun is doing it's best to break through misty clouds. Glad you had a good time Barry.
The shed badly needs a lick of paint then the rest of the Day is all mine.
Be careful and enjoy the weekend Folks.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 10:41 AM

Plantman - have to say the weather looks terrific, I see Mrs Plantman (I assume) all wrapped up, it's all very dull, and as for Oscar, why would he want to get his feet frozen in the North Sea

I am going to have a relaxing day, still recovering.

Unfortunately we're working tonight, a gig came in and needs must I'm afraid.

Weatherwise - well it's 11:30 here and 35c (95 f), there is a yellow alert out today for high temperatures, it's going to reach 37c (98 f) plus, so add at least another 5c for being in the sun, so it's gonna be well into the 100's today.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 11:20 AM

Morning all I had trouble getting an internet connection this morning, I think my wireless is playing up

I have a family lunch today and been preparing since the crack of dawn

Have a lovely day everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 12:07 PM

Morning all no sun here, just a grey day I'm hoping the washing on the line will dry before any rain comes.

Glad you had a nice break, Barry ..... good to see Oscar enjoying himself. Not knowing too much about dogs but I wondered if the "Poo" part of a Cockerpoo needs clipping as frequently as a poodle?

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Hi, people! We broke a heat record yesterday, 104 F! It didn't really feel that hot..... right now nearing 10:30am it's 28 C (82 F), not going to make triple digits today. All I've done so far is dump the trash and recycling, pick up mail and check the greenhouse plants; not very exciting here in the community, but that suits me fine. Just a tranquil afternoon with the papers and weekend crossword.

Barry, glad you had a nice break, it looks a bit cool for late July there! Rockrider, join the triple digit people!

Enjoy the day!
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 04:49 PM

Hi all it's been quite hot here and I am sat inside cooling of for a while.Went shopping at Asda this morning and picked up a sale bargain a white linen skirt for £5 so I am chuffed about that. This afternoon offspring visited so we gathered in the garden for a chat and a few beers.I'll be feeding Ruby before long then it will be time for our evening meal. Not sure what to have yet but we will be dining al fresco whilst the lovey weather last. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
Plantman - have to say the weather looks terrific, I see Mrs Plantman (I assume) all wrapped up, it's all very dull, and as for Oscar, why would he want to get his feet frozen in the North Sea
Yes it was a cool morning Rocky, but I still wouldn't swap for your incessant heat, besides, we're hard over here in Blighty...

Yes Mags, he will need grooming around every four months or so, but Mrs Plantman says that she is up for the challenge...

Yes Eileen, overcast and a few degrees shy of average, what we call "bracing"....

Yes Nuttygran, we all had a great time thanks....

Thanks Jemflux, it was a nice break...to be sure, to be sure...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top