Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:20 PM

Could You Eat A Pie From Plastic Packaging At A Bus Stop?

I went into town today and on the main street, l saw a woman standing waiting for a bus with a plastic container in her hands tucking into a pie of some sort.
I’m not sure why l reacted mentally but l thought, l could never eat food in the street!
Maybe, l am old fashioned but it’s not a good look and think of all the bus fumes being absorbed into that pie!

Your opinion and comments please....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:22 PM

Re: Could You Eat A Pie From Plastic Packaging At A Bus Stop?

Oh Arty...don’t be a snob! Lol. I eat in public all the time. And pour out coffee from a flask, if on a day out shopping. (Now rarely since getting the dog.)
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:24 PM

Oh God yes! when I am on holiday in Australia I can sit and eat one of their excellent pies anywhere, not sure a Bus Stop would be my first choice mind, I would try and pick somewhere a bit more scenic than that. In the states more than once I have ended up eating a take away pizza off the car bonnet due to not having time eat one at a table, usually down to bad planning on my part. In the UK I usually try and avoid it unless it is a really nice day.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:25 PM

It's not something I would do these days. But I am sure we have all shared a bag of chips in the street at some point in life. Some people may have low blood sugar.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh Arty...don’t be a snob! Lol. I eat in public all the time. And pour out coffee from a flask, if on a day out shopping. (Now rarely since getting the dog.)

Oh Dear! Jazzi. Am l really being a snob?
Well, l suppose in an age when many people seem permanently attached to a ‘coffee to go’ or a bottle of water, then maybe, l am not progressive and living in a ‘time warp’?!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:27 PM

Depends how hungry I am Arty...I have been known to eat a pie, drink tea from a flask and answer the phone while rushing to deliver a time sensitive parcel doing eighty miles an hour on the M1 motorway.......

Disclaimer:- If you are a policeman reading this....It was a lie......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:28 PM

Never, a pie at a Bus Stop, makes me feel sick, the thought of getting on a Bus with all those members of the public.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:29 PM

But if it was a SweetiePie, who knows?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-01-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
But if it was a SweetiePie, who knows?
Spitty, What? You eating sweetie pie at a bus stop, or sweetie pie eating a pie at the bus stop?!!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:33 PM

Hell yes I would eat in the street, wouldn't cost me a thought, why pay 10% more for the privilege of eating in a cafe?

And I eat in the car as well

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top