Join for free
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2011, 09:06 AM

Blooming Garage.

Why is it that my car is never ready when it's meant to be? It went in to get the Drive Belts changed and the Gear Box Oil changed. Ok I know it's a big job, 2 days they said.....Pick it up on Thursday at 5pm. I left home and 2 bus journeys later I arrive, Oppps Sorry says a Mechanic..."we were sent the wrong oil so it'll be Friday now" bloody ggggrrrrrrrr. They could have phoned me.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2011, 09:12 AM

Re: Blooming Garage.

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Oppps Sorry says a Mechanic..."we were sent the wrong oil ...........
What car do you have, an FI McLaren. Surely any decent garage would keep oil in stock. Or is the oil that specialized ????

Sounds to me like an excuse because you're 'a girlie and know nothing about cars' and they think they can fob you off. Doubt they would have said that to bloke..............

Knock the cost of the bus fares and your time off the bill, or tell them you've brought the wrong sort of money, see how they like it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2011, 10:03 AM

It's a VW Passatt. And I like the idea lol. think I'll try it.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2011, 11:06 AM

As the car is a Volkswagen it will use synthetic oil in the gearbox but it's not difficult to get, Halfords have loads of it. I think the Garage is fobbing you off.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
Sounds to me like an excuse because you're 'a girlie and know nothing about cars' and they think they can fob you off. Doubt they would have said that to bloke..............
Originally Posted by bloggsy ->
As the car is a Volkswagen it will use synthetic oil in the gearbox but it's not difficult to get, Halfords have loads of it. I think the Garage is fobbing you off.
Sorry Roxy but you are being told a 'porky' and probably for the reasons given above. It annoys me when this happens.

A long time ago my wife put our Citroen XM in for service (I was working away in London that week) when she went to pick it up it was not ready, the workshop manager gave her some bull about the oil drain plug thread being stripped and they think it was like that for a long time, rubbish, the monkey who was changing the oil had overtightened the plug and stripped the thread, the delay was because they had to order a special type of thread insert, then drill out the old thread and fit the helicoil and a new drain plug
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 02:25 AM

Eh? I put up a topic about MOTs in General and there's been good feed-back on there. Sadly, garages do tend to fob ladies off because they think the girls know nowt about cars. Wrong in my case!

Sent the wrong oil? Grrrr! All garages carry all kinds of oil, so they won't have to had to send away for it! That's just me eye of a tale! They won't have said that to me either Rock!

Roxy, change your garage to one that's genuine. That is a terrible tale. They wouldn't have done that to me as I'd have had me little sleeves rolled up for a battle!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 08:57 AM

They don't have the correcr gear oil my ass . . . what sort of garage is it ? . . . I have all types of transmission oils in my garage . . . seems to me they're only fit to work on Noddy cars.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 09:12 PM

I have a Fiat Punto - a simple little car you might think BUT there's a whole range of things that the manufacturer says are No-Nos and, if you ignore that, the dealerships then say this has to be changed or that has to be changed if a minor problem crops up.
Mine HAS to have synthetic oil they tell me BUT it HAS to be a certain type or - er - it's my fault if it breaks down!
It's all tosh really but we are all reluctant to ignore this kind of thing these days just in case it is true!!!
I had plugs changed by a non-dealership garage but later, when I had a major problem that cost me £700 they said that the "wrong" coils and plugs had been fitted and could have been instrumental in the breakdown - so that's another £75 please.
Mine's due for a service now but guess what?
Yep, I'm thinking "maybe I should really take it to the dealership, just in case" when common sense is yelling at me "YOUR'E BEING CONNED!!!!!!" stevmk2
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I have a Fiat Punto - a simple little car you might think BUT there's a whole range of things that the manufacturer says are No-Nos and, if you ignore that, the dealerships then say this has to be changed or that has to be changed if a minor problem crops up.
Mine HAS to have synthetic oil they tell me BUT it HAS to be a certain type or - er - it's my fault if it breaks down!
It's all tosh really but we are all reluctant to ignore this kind of thing these days just in case it is true!!!
I had plugs changed by a non-dealership garage but later, when I had a major problem that cost me £700 they said that the "wrong" coils and plugs had been fitted and could have been instrumental in the breakdown - so that's another £75 please.
Mine's due for a service now but guess what?
Yep, I'm thinking "maybe I should really take it to the dealership, just in case" when common sense is yelling at me "YOUR'E BEING CONNED!!!!!!" stevmk2
Look in the owners handbook under "maintenance, and fluids capacities" it's all written down whith the specs for oils and also the type of plugs . . . the book will tell you everything you need to know without having to trust a garage.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Look in the owners handbook under "maintenance, and fluids capacities" it's all written down whith the specs for oils and also the type of plugs . . . the book will tell you everything you need to know without having to trust a garage.
Thanks nero - I should have done that at the time with that other garage but I trusted them. BIG mistake because it ended up costing me over £700 in the end.
Never again!! stevmk2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top