Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 12:10 AM

LION (Netflicks)

The true story of a young Indian boy separated from his family and adopted by an Australian couple. It takes him 25 years to discover the village he came from and then return to his family. Starring the excellent Dev Patel and Sunny Pawar as the youngster.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3741834/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Recommended.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Re: LION (Netflicks)

No words..... l’m crying!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No words..... l’m crying!
Ah, you watched it. What a moving story that was. Lots about Saroo on the internet and you can just about make out the water tower on Googlemaps. I thought Sunny Pawar, the child actor was brilliant.

Glad you 'enjoyed' it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ah, you watched it. What a moving story that was. Lots about Saroo on the internet and you can just about make out the water tower on Googlemaps. I thought Sunny Pawar, the child actor was brilliant.

Glad you 'enjoyed' it.
Longy, Thank You for telling me about it. My daughters have Netflix and NowTV that l can use. There are so many films to choose from!

Lion stirred so many emotions of sadness, frustration, despair, excitement, happiness and even repulsion.
Yes, the young Saroo was a brilliant actor. l don’t think l have ever seen such a little kid run so fast! His little leggies were going ten to the dozen and his arms too!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-01-2019, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, Thank You for telling me about it. My daughters have Netflix and NowTV that l can use. There are so many films to choose from!

Lion stirred so many emotions of sadness, frustration, despair, excitement, happiness and even repulsion.
Yes, the young Saroo was a brilliant actor. l don’t think l have ever seen such a little kid run so fast! His little leggies were going ten to the dozen and his arms too!
I'm glad that you take time to watch films that are not quite the Hollywood norm. There are lots of really good series on Netflicks, such as the Israeli ones I mentioned in another thread. It's just a shame that people don't watch them. The actors are far superior to the usual suspects.

I

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top