Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 07:26 AM

Searching Thursday

Good morning all

It is a lot cooler today with light rain trying to fall, 16 degree temperature and a cool breeze blowing in from the Irish sea. Mother natures creatures are enjoying the cooler air just sitting about eating their breakfast. The cows at the farm are a lot quieter almost as if the farm was deserted.

Plans for today just a bit of shopping to find new electronic toys then a walk around our area looking for a neighbours cat who has not been seen since 11:00am yesterday, normally it never goes farther than its own home.

Have a lovely day everyone and spare a moment or two thinking about absent friends either loved ones or cyber ones.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 08:27 AM

Re: Searching Thursday

Doing my Gardening Job today, and working tonight.

I really could do with a rest, as I am now fairly certain I cracked a rib in the fall on Sunday. Needs must unfortunately.

It is quite overcast again today and feels a little cooler but 'sticky'.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 09:36 AM

Antibrown, I do hope the cat turns up safe & well. A granddaughters children's cat, disappeared for four days, a couple of weeks ago, then arrived home looking dishevelled & hungry.

Warm & sunny here, rain forecast later.

Enjoy your day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 09:44 AM

Morning everyone and a beautiful one it is too with not a cloud in the sky.
What are you buying AB?

Rockrider I hope the rib heals soon, I understand a cracked rib is very painful and only time will repair it.

Iris I am pleased to hear the cat returned.

Have a good day all, I have lots of cleaning to do today ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 09:59 AM

Good morning folks

A beautiful start to the day, the birds are singing like a mass choir!

Rockrider, take things easy with that cracked rib - I hope the pain will star to ease soon.

I hope you find your electronic toy, AB.....

No plans for today, my name is on the rota with Meg for lots of cleaning!

Have a great day everyone, I hope the sun shines on you ....
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Lovely weather today and my last day at work this week as I don't work Fridays. Rain forecast tomorrow but weekend looking good. May light the barbie who knows
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 12:33 PM

Good afternoon all, big change in the weather today, dull and showery and a bit cooler. Lots to do so the sooner I get started the sooner I'll finish. Enjoy the day Folks.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 02:10 PM

Well, after six of us spent 3 hours walking in the rain around the area searching for the cat we all returned to our neighbours home for a drink(tea) before venturing out again to continue the search. Who was waiting for food in the middle of the kitchen, yes, the cat, goodness knows where it had been but needless to say our neighbour is a lot happier as Patch is her only family.

Thank you all for the good wishes for her return.

I nearly bought an iPad but when I asked how long the touch screen lasted they could not tell me. I know touch screens only used to last for a couple of years but I dont know if the technology has moved on so I kept my money and bought a small remote controlled helecopter, it is fun.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I nearly bought an iPad but when I asked how long the touch screen lasted they could not tell me. I know touch screens only used to last for a couple of years but I dont know if the technology has moved on so I kept my money and bought a small remote controlled helecopter, it is fun.
I use an iPad stylus on my iPad screen, it's so much easier than using your fingers.... and it doesn't leave a multitude of fingermarks on the screen.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 02:57 PM

So pleased to hear that Patch has returned home safe and sound. Another forum I go on re pets has a big debate regarding indoor and outdoor cats. I see both sides but I feel that cats are free spirits and should have the freedom of the big outdoors albeit the risk element. Many people disagree though and feel that the only way to keep their pet safe is to confine them indoors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top