Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 09:20 AM

Relaxing Wednesday

Good morning everyone

Later today due to walk taking longer than normal with the lane block by cows, some idot left the gate open last night, then the weekly shopping and putting the mower together so that she who must be obeyed can mow the lawns as soon as the dew dries up, which should not be to long with the temperature at 19 degrees and a slight breeze.

Nothing planned for today other than relaxing, in the company of Napoleon, with the Cumbria magazine under the shade of the garden parasol.

Have a good day and enjoy whatever you decide to do.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Re: Relaxing Wednesday

Unfortunately I still have to work but before i started this morning I was sat on a park bench watching people rushing about to get to their jobs, listening to the workmen cutting the hedges and then clearing up, and do you know it felt very peaceful.
Enjoy your day
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 09:52 AM

Have to pop out to do some shopping that we forgot on Monday, Doh!
Get a couple of new inner tubes for SWMBO bike and fit them so we can flog it (she never uses it).
Gonna check mine over after Sundays crash, and give it a good clean.
Otherwise, nothing too strenuous as I need some recovery time, still have a sharp pain in my chest, so pretty certain I have a cracked rib, nothing can be done, it will heal in time.
The bruising around the eye is gradually encircling it, but the real puffyness in the eyelid has receded.

Starting to accept that it takes longer to heal as you get older................................bugger
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 10:22 AM

Morning all off to the dreaded hairdresser this morning to have my hair cut. I hate people messing with my hair and being made to wait for ages while listening to some inane conversation .

Think it will be very warm today , have a good day everyone
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Morning all off to the dreaded hairdresser this morning to have my hair cut. I hate people messing with my hair and being made to wait for ages while listening to some inane conversation .

Think it will be very warm today , have a good day everyone

Well Meg darlin' - are you now shawn???
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 03:23 PM

Hi all. Gorgeous day here, a bit cooler at 25 C (79 F), brilliant blue sky, lower humidity and a gentle breeze. It doesn't get much better than this in late July! All's quiet, no real news.

Meg, at least you have hair to cut;so many of our guy friends have lost theirs! Rockrider, take it easy still, a cracked rib is no fun (been there, did that!)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Well Meg darlin' - are you now shawn???
Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Meg, at least you have hair to cut;so many of our guy friends have lost theirs! Rockrider, take it easy still, a cracked rib is no fun (been there, did that!)
Uncle Joe , yes I am well and truely shorn
DM they can have some of mine, it is so thick it takes ages to dry and makes my arms ache holding the drier...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 07:07 PM

Oh lucky you, Meg, I inherited my Dad's thin limp hair as well as the non-greying gene; wish I'd gotten Mum's lovely thick head of hair. In good weather I like to sit outdoors in the sun and dry it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 07:37 PM

Good evening all, just got back from the seaside after a great day with the Wife and Grandsons, only thing bad about the seaside is the bloody sand, it gets everywhere, and my hair! Oh my God!, I can't do a thing with it.
Hope you all had a good day Folks
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 07:41 PM

Evening all

Have had a lovely day in Cardiff with perfect weather. We met up with our son for morning coffee and then an amble around the shops. We then caught the train to Cardiff Bay where a festival was being held. There was fun and games for children of all ages ..... tennis with a coach, football, break dancing, ball games etc. We had hoped to take a boat trip around Cardiff Bay but the queues were too long for us to wait in.

It was a lovely day out but it's good to sit down once home!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top